Monday, July 26, 2010

Gonna Make My Way...

My little boy is growing up! Micah and I have been considering taking Beckham to nursery for quite sometime. There will be a lot of children Beckham's age, but only one has officially reached the "18 month" mark for nursery. Right now, our nursery is small, and the nursery leaders said it would be great if we brought Beckham in.

I have been hesitating because Beckham is a handful on Sundays. Our ward is at the crappy 1pm time. For Beckham that means he doesn't get a nap, or it is very small. This makes for one angry Beckham, and I didn't want the nursery leaders to be scared of him. (You know the kids I am talking about. The kids, that when they show up to church, you know Primary just got a lot harder.) Anyway, Micah and I talked about it and thought we would try it out. Beckham LOVES kids and thought that maybe it would be okay.

So...on Sunday we gave it a whirl...and it turned out great. I cannot believe how much easier sitting in Relief Society and teaching Sunday School was. Beckham went in nursery without any hesitation. He basically ran in. The leaders said he did great, though, I am pretty sure I heard him crying for a minute or two. When we went to pick him up, he had the trademark handout, but instead of a picture that was scribbled on, it looks like he took a bite out of the middle. Oh, well.

I am so happy it went well, and I cannot wait to take him again. However, I will not deny that I still wish church would accommodate families with children that need to take naps:) It would be so much easier if our ward had the 9am time.

When we got home, I wanted to take some pictures of the momentous occasion. Let's just say, Beckham did not cooperate, but he was still cute...





2 comments:

Tom and Debbie Goodwin said...

Oh my gosh, those are the cutest pictures EVER! He just gets more and more handsome every day.

anya said...

I don't think I have ever seen Beck in his church duds! He looks very handsome! :)