Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Positively Creative...

I keep thinking about this conversation I had with Allie. I have to write it down, because it is just classic.

Beckham has had a standard 7pm bed time since he was very little. Once we put him in his crib it took him about 15-30 minuets to fall asleep. However, this last week it has not been going as smoothly. For about a week it has been taking Beckham anywhere from 1-3 hours to go to sleep. He is in there running back and forth in his crib. Laughing. He takes everything out of his crib like blankets, animals, binkies. He talks to himself...and I am finding it very frustrating. I called the best mom I know...Allie...to ask how to fix this problem. I knew Allie must have fixed this problem before. This is how the conversation went...

Allie-Yeah, that can happen in the summer when the sun is still out, so you might want to keep him up later, or maybe he is just needing less sleep.

Josie-Really? Less sleep. Even if I wait an hour or two, maybe he will still stay talking.

Allie-Well, if he is only talking, I would just leave him in there no matter how long it takes. I think its good for them. Promotes creativity.

Josie-Yeah....not really sure I want my child to be as "creative" as your boys can be. Have you seen your blog lately???

Oh, it still makes me smile thinking about it. I really do want to promote Beck's creativity and I do LOVE my nephews, but some of Allie's posts are a little frightening...when it comes to the boys creativity. Don't believe me? Check it out, here.


2 comments:

anya said...

HA! You're not kidding about Allie's blog... need a good laugh? Go to read her blog!

The Evers Family said...

I just read this. Creativity is good for later on in life I'd like to think.