Now, just because I like to garden, does not mean I am good at it. I basically kill 1/2 the things I plant, but I do try. Someday, I hope to have a mature garden like my mothers. Not exactly like hers, because we like different flowers and designs, but I do love how full and beautiful her garden is.
My favorite flowers are peonies and hydrangeas. I have several of each. None of my hydrangeas returned this year. How sad. Now for my peonies, I have never been able to get me returning peonies to flower and bloom. The last two years I read books and the internet trying to get them to grow, but nothing. (My mom drives me crazy because I think each of her peony plants bloom dozens.) This year...I finally did it! I grew two peony blossoms. Now, I know this sounds silly because I have 8 returning peony plants and only two blossoms. Thats okay. I'll take it...

No comments:
Post a Comment