Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Like Pina Coldas....

Back from paradise. Almost every year since Micah and I have been married we have taken a trip to Heaven...Maui. Micah and I have traveled a lot in our 6+ years of marriage. Every year we try to find another place we like better than Maui. We have been to Oahu, Jamaica, Florida, Huntington Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, Denver, Phoenix, Eastern and Western Caribbean, and many more. Nothing has ever come close to Maui. This trip did not disappoint. Again, I fell in love with Maui all over again. I don't know why we go anywhere else.

However, this trip was going to be different than our previous trips. This trip had one big difference...Beckham!

Beck in the airport on his way to Maui. I really wasn't concerned about traveling with Beck. He is such a great kid. On the way to Maui, he slept 2/3 of the way there. The rest of the time he flirted with everyone around us. It was good. In the end...you'll have to read the next post.


Our little family on the beach. Isn't it beautiful?


Why do we like Maui better than any where else? #1. Because it is beautiful. #2. It has the best weather. The weather in Maui is always spectacular. (It rains the least than any other island, but it is still so green.) #3. They have the best running trail right along the beach. #4. Best local restaurants ever! #5. It is less commercialized than Oahu but you don't fill like you are on a deserted island like Kauai. #6. The Hyatt Resort. (They have the best beds! They also have penguins, swans, cranes, and a Macy's.) #7. We don't have to do a thing, but sit there and relax. #8. A hundred other things...the pool, the breakfast... This picture was taken on the running trail. Its a 2 mile loop and I run 4-6 miles a day. It is so wonderful. Because of the time difference, I end up running super early. When the sun is coming up and the sky a beautiful shade of pink. One of my favorite things.


This picture was taken from the Hyatt's Swan Court. We eat the most amazing breakfast in front of this view.


This is the best pic! So Micah and I requested a crib to be brought to our room. Beck really needed to go to sleep. He wouldn't stop laughing. We put in the crib and were waiting for him to settle down to fall asleep, and the next thing I know, Beck is peeking out from under the crib's bumper. He would lift it up, and when he caught my eye he would smile, close it, and just start laughing. Hilarious.


Since we were in paradise and enjoying delicious food, I thought I would give Beck his first taste of table food. I went with Honeydew. He didn't really know what to think. He would like it, make a funny face, and then go back for more.


After Micah and I worked out and we ate a delicious breakfast. The rest of the day would be spent by the pool/beach just relaxing. Micah and I switched off taking care of Beck every other day. This gave us time to do our own thing. Micah went golfing. I tried to read. One thing that always happened, though, was swimming with Beck. Beck loves the water. The Hyatt has the most amazing pool I have ever seen. It has a nice kiddy area too. Beck loved the rocks at the bottom of the pool. He tried to eat them every day.


This picture is horrible, but it has a funny funny story. One of those stories where you had to be there, but I want to remember it. My dad kept bugging us to go to a restaurant with authentic polynesian entertainment. He told us the Westin had the best. So, against everyone else's better judgement we went. Lets just say my mom will probably hold this over my dad for the rest of their lives. When we walked up, the entertainment was just stepping on the stage, but it was not polynesian dancers. No...it was Japanese dancers. Have you ever seen traditional Japanese dancers? They only take two steps back and one step forward at any time. The music, lets just say, its not something our ears were used to. Horrible does not cut it. No one in the audience was even clapping. It was really really bad. On top of it, the food was bad. My mom finally got up and left, and when my dad finally found her, she demanded he go and find the manager and demand that he pay her for stepping on their property and enduring the torture. Ah...my mother.


Beck and Micah in the kiddie pool.


Beck and his papa. Beck loved the stoller rides my dad would take him on. Beck also loved hanging out in the shade with my dad and I.


Really bad picture, but again Beck and Micah swimming in the cave.


Beck and I sitting by the pool. Beck loved people watching. He is such a flirt!


My dad is pretty cheap, but this trip was my dad's ultimate shopping excursion. One of the things I love about Maui is that the shopping isn't the best. This means, I can relax more and spend less. However, my dad found some great finds. Find 1: These cool sun glasses! Yep. He thought they made him look hip, not to mention he found them at Wallgreens. Find 2: A swim cap for $1.99. My dad wore this once. He put it on and then topped it with his goggles and proceeded to walk around the pool to the other side in order to make sure the most people possible witnessed his purchase. Find 3: At Macy's my dad found Docker shorts on sell for $5.99. On top of that price, they were 20% off and my mom had a 10% discount. Needless to say, my dad bought as many as he could. Never mind they weren't the best looking.


Beck loves water, but he spazes out when it gets in his face.


Every day my dad would tell Beck he would take him swimming, and every day came and went. Finally on the last day my dad took him swimming. Beck loved it. He loves spending time with his papa.


It was quite an adventure taking Beck out to eat with us every night. He loved playing with spoons and eating the ends of tables. Good thing for anti bacterial wipes.


The last night I ate the most delicious ribs. Most people that know me know that I have a stable dish I order at every restraunt. In Maui, I usually ask the waiter for his/her input. The waiter at Longboards suggested their ribs. First, it was huge! Second, the most delicious thing I have ever tasted.


The last night we took this picture of our little fam. I am so lucky. I told Micah I would give up shopping so I could go to Maui every year.


2 comments:

the johansen's said...

Give up shopping Jos? So not like you!!

Looks like a blast, glad you guys had fun!!!

anya said...

Ha ha. I think Sarah is right... love the last picture. So beautiful. I love it!