One of the miracles of adoption is being able to be sealed to your child. Micah and I have been looking forward to that day even before we adopted Beck. We felt like in some way it would override not being able to carry the our child ourselves. The day did not disappoint.
Micah and I chose to be sealed to Beck in the Draper Temple. (The Salt Lake Temple was closing early due to Women's Conference.) It was the perfect choice! It was so beautiful and elegant. We had never been to any sealing at this temple, so for Micah and I, we felt it would be a great way to start our little family.
We showed up to the temple on time and happy. It was a very peaceful day. One of my favorite moments was walking into the sealing room and seeing our birth mother's brother and sister in law, Quin and Hillary, sitting in the room. It melted my heart. When Beck was brought in, he was so happy. He just wanted to stare at all the lights and touch everything. It was a very tender day. We were so blessed to have so many people join us!
On Sunday, Micah gave Beck a name and a blessing. I think we were both a little nervous. Usually the baby blessed is a month or two old. Beck was close to 7 months and very active. During the blessing I could hear a baby screaming. I wondered who it was. Lo and behold, it was my little boy! Oh well. Micah gave him a beautiful blessing. I was so proud of my two little boys.






2 comments:
I am pretty sure your little boy and your little family are the CUTEST! Thanks for letting me be a part of your incredible day! Love you guys!
thanks for inviting us- it ment alot that you guys wanted us there. we couldnt be happier for you and micah!
by the way, i am loving your photographer. would you mind if we used her too?? the guy that has been taking sams pictures is wierd about giving us a cd- it even takes him a long time to get us our prints.
Post a Comment