So, this past week was one of those weeks were originally I didn't have anything to do, but then I made up things for me to do.
First up, Valentine decorations and such. I spent time looking for really cute Valentines and found so many cute ideas online. We also got out some super cute jammies for the boys...
They say, "Prince Charming."
Then, I decided I really want to start be a better wife and mother which means, I should try cooking. Do you realize I have only made dinner for Micah (in almost 9 years!) probably a total of 10 home cooked meals? One a year, babe. Thats all you get;) Yeah, I don't like cooking, but Allie gave me hope and said that she really didn't start cooking until she had Creighton. This inspired me, so on Tuesday, I asked Allie if she would cook with me twice a week. Tuesday night we made pizza rolls. I called Micah and told him I made dinner. He was pretty proud. When he came home he asked where I picked them up from? I was happy to report they were made from scratch! I think he almost passed out...
Thursday night we made Taco Puffs, which weren't the greatest, but again I cooked. Twice in one week. I can already see the weight Micah's going to gain.
By Wednesday I was feeling pretty good about myself, so I decided to take on the task of Potty Training. Yep. Here are my thoughts...
I have heard all the horror stories, and had decided that I was not going to start potty training Beckham until he was good and ready. I felt like some of the biggest mistakes were mothers trying to do this too early...so I have been waiting. And I have also been waiting because I have an infant and two kids is hard. And also because I am procrastinating.
I have read lots of books. Got out all of my potty supplies, and we were off. We started out by watching a ton of "potty movies" and drinking lots of apple juice and chocolate milk. Then we sat on the toilet...and sat...and sat...for almost three hours. I was losing my mind. How can he hold it in that long. FINALLY he went, but it was as if he didn't even realize he went. I had to tell him. But we made a huge deal about it. We danced around. We called my dad. He got a potty prize and put on big boy underwear. It was great. Then we went back to the toilet and waited some more. Nothing. So I set my timer for every 15 min. The problem was he would go in his underwear right before the timer went off. We went through 9 pairs...I was in tears...and I threw in the towel. So. Potty Training, Round 1 Complete.
For a week or so we are going to watch lots of potty movies and read books about going potty. We put him on the potty every morning and night, and we will try again when he is more ready.
Beckham in his new underwear and his potty prize for going to the bathroom the first time.
Beckham's biggest supporter, Easton. I loved when I said put your arms around each other this is what they did.
While I was potty training, Allie took Graham. It was hard being away from him again, even if it was just for a couple hours. I haven't let him leave my side since I have been back from Hawaii. Because of this, I think we are getting too attached to each other. Typically, this is something I try to avoid. I like it when my kids will play by themselves and go to strangers. But...I like holding him too much. And who wouldn't...
To finish off the week, I decided to start Graham on rice cereal. (I can't believe my baby is big enough for rice cereal!) It usually takes a few tries, and it is so fun watching them try and get down the tongue movement. Take a look...
Love it. So there you have it. My week. So glad its almost over. Next week, I'm really going to try and relax. I'll let you know how it goes.




6 comments:
ha ha, i tried the potty training thing with sam last week too- it went exactly how yours did! FAILURE! i see NO light at the end of the diaper tunnel, sad! good luck!!
ooohhhhh baby! Josie Peterson is cooking! Amazing! I think I need the recipe for the pizza rolls! Any good?
I. Hate. Potty. Training.
I always make work for myself too! I love your pictures. The boys are so adorable.
i love it. i totally make work for myself...that's what i do..it's me :)
good luck on the potty training...that was never my thing.
It's sad that I am just finally getting caught up with your blog. I can now officially say I am caught up.
Post a Comment