It was an adults only vacation, and Allie and I were pretty excited about it. At the time we both needed a break from being mom's to crazy little boys. We thought about sleeping through the night and reading books and eating dinner at the same time with our spouse...and we were sold!
So, on the very day it snowed in Salt Lake we headed out to this...
And a lot of fun was had. Check it out...
Every morning most of us go on a nice long run along this path...
I LOVE to start my run out in the dark. Our path is a 2 mile loop. I love to run my first loop in the dark, second loop at dawn, and the third when the sun is up. It is pure magic to run along the beach...
Is this Michael Phelps? Wait! I know him...
Yeah...never going to be tan like Micah...
The boys had a little competition of sorts. They called it the "Trifecta." It was three events. Basketball, golf, and a body off. The basketball competition was a two on two game played the day after Christmas. Matt and Micah played Mitch and my dad. Mitch and my dad won...
Last up, the body off. There was one condition, my dad got to pick the judge. Look at these boys...
Can you guess who won? Yep...Jimmy took home the third and final round. The body off and the winner of the complete Trifecta. He is pretty proud.
We talk about Hawaii all the time. This trip was going to be Matt's first time to Maui with my family. We tried to explain to Matt what we do in Hawaii. Nothing. He really had a hard time understanding this. Matt...What do you do after you sit at the pool?
Us...Thats all we do. We eat and sit at the pool.
Matt...Yeah, but when do you go to the beach?
Us...We don't. We look at it, but we don't go to the beach.
Matt...When do you play in the ocean.
Us...We don't.
Matt...What about hikes or surfing.
Us...Nope. Nada.
Most nights we played SCUM. Some of us are really good. Others, not so good...
My dad gave Matt a challenge. If he earned a B average this past semester, he would treat all of us to our favorite Maui restaurant, Kimo's. If Matt didn't...we all got chicken nuggets at McDonalds. Well, Matt did it, and we ate good...
Loved that the guy next to Micah laid like this for hours. Holding up his swim trunks...
One night, we had a dance off and brought our Wii. Mitch and I even recreated our Bollywood dance. The two days after my abs were so incredibly sore...







































4 comments:
I am so so so jealous!!! Oh, and Matt - if you read this - don't worry. Next time Jordan and I come, we'll go to the beach and play in the ocean.
Jo. So freakin' jealous! Great pictures... but my favorite is the piggy back. Looks like a blast!
Look at you honeymooners (I mean you and Micah!) It sounds like an awesome trip. I want an invite next year. PS: My family plays Scum all the time! I find it a victory if I'm not Scum (or whale shit as my Dad calls it - I don't know why??)
LOVE it. yes, so jealous but so glad you had a blast you deserve it. Your family is my favorite. xoxo
Post a Comment