Well, good thing because about four hours later I got a call Sarah J. Micah and I were at my parent's for dinner and she asked if we had anything in the oven. Me? I don't cook. What would be in the oven? Oh NO....... I had put in another pan of cookies and never got them out! I left the oven on! Luckily, Sarah was home and turned the oven off. As for the smell of our house when we got home. We will say it was very...burn like...
Yep. The after math.
And for one more before and after subject...
My life has changed. My little boy no longer naps and bed time is very trying, but lets go back two weeks. Two days before Christmas, Micah and I received the awesome surprise that Beckham was now a pro at climbing out of his crib. It was a horrible reality. We actually ordered a crib tent online. Hanna said her neighbor had great success, but it wasn't working for us...so...I got tips from Allie and have been working hard at trying to keep Beckham in bed. It takes about 30 min to get Beckham to stay in bed. I'm mourning how easy nap time and bed time used to be. At this same time I started noticing if Beckham did take a nap, he wouldn't go to sleep until 10:00pm, yet he would still wake up at 8am. So, for the last four days we have had no nap time. Beckham does great during the day and then about 6:30 he is super tired and hasn't really fought me on staying in his crib when we put him to bed at 7pm. Its sad. I'm sad. Micah's sad. We are all sad. I could get so much done during nap time. I'm still going to try. Maybe go to every other day naps. We will see. Anyway, its my new reality.
3 comments:
I love this post (minus the nap part!). I hope you don't mind me intruding in upstairs, we were both just worried! If you ever smell burning coming from downstairs please check it out! It will probably just be some bacon or something, lol (remember when I set the smoke alarm off cooking bacon for the first time!?). Maybe these are hints, we shouldn't be cooking!
ha ha ha ha! that's hilarious! but only because Sarah was downstairs to save the day!
oh and the naps... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Wow. I have missed a lot of posts. Love them all.
Post a Comment