Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Story of a Friend's Birthday and the Worst Friend Ever!

One of my best friend's birthday was on Tuesday.  (Happy Birthday, Anya!!!)  This is only part of the story.  Every year.  I am talking EVERY year!!! Without fail, I don't wish Anya Happy Birthday until the day after her birthday.  Why, you may ask?  Do I forget?  Do I do this to be cruel?  No, no, no.  The reason is much more special than that.  Anya's birthday is on May 26th.  However, my mind truly believes Anya was born on May 27th.  Last year I finally figured out why I think that I do this...I come up with little ways to remember things.  Little sayings or songs.  All of my girlfriends birthdays are at the end of the month.  So I think 27, 28, 29, and 30th...our birthdays. However...Anya's birthday is not on the 27th its on the 26th!!!   After my realization I knew for sure I would never forget Anya's birthday again.  In fact, I saw Anya last Monday and told her,  "I know your birthday is on Tuesday!  I am going to call you on your actual birthday this year!"  Well, on Tuesday I thought to myself..."I need to call Anya to see how she is doing with her new church calling...Relief Society President...but...I am going to wait to call her tomorrow on her birthday."  What is my problem?  How did I do it again!?!  There is something wrong with me.  

Anyway...to make a long story short I am the Worst Friend ever!!!  Anya, at least you can count on someone wishing you a Happy Birthday the day after your actual birthday for the rest of your life.

2 comments:

Sarah D said...

I think this is hilarious! So funny, Jo! I think Anya is lucky to get to celebrate her birthday for two days! You should always celebrate it on the 27th and it will be your day!

anya said...

STOP IT JO!! You are hilarious.... the day (26th) passed and I thought to myself: "Jo is going to be so mad... again". I laughed and thought... "I'll talk to her tomorrow!" I love you even if you think my birthday is on the 27th! Sarah's right... let's just keep it on the 27th for you and me to celebrate!!!