Sunday, May 3, 2009

Round of Applause for Mitch

Mitch is going to kill me, but I love him, and I have wanted to do this post for a long time.  I have known Mitch for a very long time.  13 years at least, and lets just say I know for a very very long time I was not Mitch's favorite person.  I whole heartily admit that I was really mean to Allie and Mitch was very protective.  I like to think that I have somewhat improved and now Mitch can stand me.  I hope so because I love him like he was my brother from birth.  Mitch completed my sister and our family.  I look up to Mitch and want to tell everyone why I love Mitch so much...

1st. Mitch is hilarious to me.  Mitch will just sit back and take everything in before he says anything.  My family is crazy, and Mitch doesn't say a word, but I know in his mind he is thinking things.  I will sit there and imagine what he is thinking and it just makes me laugh.

2nd. Mitch is the most competitive person I will ever know, but he does it in an amazing way.  Mitch doesn't really come out saying he is going to win.  He bits his time and then strikes...and wins.  Do not play any games with Mitch if you want to win.  Trust me, you will lose.  I really can picture Mitch winning Survivor.  

3rd.  Mitch is the most opinionated person alive; yet, he usually doesn't voice it.  When he does, listen because it will be profound.  This is why Mitch is going to make one fantastic lawyer.

4th.  Mitch loves my sister and his little boys with his whole heart.  With Allie and Mitch I realized that there is such thing as soul mates.  Without a doubt I know those two knew each other in Heaven and they came to Earth and found one another.  As for the boys, it is amazing to watch Mitch with the boys.  The love is just over flowing.  Those boys love love love their dad!

5th. Mitch would probably still ring the doorbell at my parents if he knew Allie wasn't there.

6th. Mitch is the most spiritual and honest person I know.  Coming from a family that is known to stretch the truth...thanks dad...Mitch is the opposite.  It is because of this reason I completely look up to Mitch and trust him.

7th. Mitch, along with Micah, were amazing big brothers Que.  When I think of some of my fondest memories of Mitch they seem to revolve around Que.  Thanks Mitch!

8th. Mitch loves psycho analysis sessions.  So much so it brings a smile to my face.  (This is an inside joke, sorry to those that don't understand.)

9th.  Mitch never ever eats first at dinner, but without a doubt I know he can out eat anyone.  He is just a gentleman and doesn't like to waste food.

10th. Mitch is one amazing writer.  He may procrastinate, but he can write so well.  Don't believe me.  Read my sister's blog.

Okay...there are hundreds of more reasons why I love Mitch, but there is a taste.  

Mitch is graduating from Creighton's Law School in a week.  I am so proud and I am only his sister in law!  I just want to tell him congratulations and I love him.  Mitch, I really do get so excited when you come out to Utah.  Its not just because you bring Allie and the boys.  I wish you luck on your new job, but I know you won't need it!


Awe...Typical picture of Mitch.  Is it possible to actually get a picture of him?


Yes, it is possible.  You just have to ask nicely and make it awkward if he says no.

No comments: