Sunday, May 3, 2009

An Omaha Adventure

Before I had Beck, I was so excited to be a stay at home mom. (Well sort of.  At least for now anyway.)  In my mind, all I thought about was how many trips I would be able to make to Omaha to see my little nephews.   Allie and I would stay around chatting as our little boys played.  It would be great.  So...When Beck was born, I was ready to live out my dream.  I asked Allie when would be the best time for me to come out, and she said that she would love for me to be out there for her birthday, so I booked the trip.  About a week or two after this I started realizing the consequences of my actions.  How would I get on the plane with Beck?  What would I do if I couldn't get Beck to stop crying?  What if Beck got sick?  And the biggest question...What would I do without Micah!?!?  Micah is my rock.  He calms Beck and me down.  More importantly, he gives me a break from being a mom.  Without Micah I would have to be a mom 24/7 for 5 days!!!  I started thinking this was a really really really bad idea.  Clearly I had not thought this trip through.  Usually I would go out to help Allie.  Allie has three boys!  But this time I would be going out to see her and I really wouldn't be able to help and I couldn't really ask her for help when she has her own little ones.  My mom, Micah, and Allie reassured me that everything was going to be okay.  So I prayed really hard...and went for it.  

The plane ride there was fine.  It was long because our flight from Denver was delayed, but Beck was great.  In fact, Beck was an amazing baby the whole time!  He ate, played, and slept really well.  This gave me time to focus on my Omaha adventure.  My sister always makes everything so fun.  She always wants to show us the great things about Omaha.  (I think she does this so we will want to come back.)  Anyway...here are a few memories...

My darling sister and I.  I have to give Allie props.  She is a total health nut.  I think she works out for hours a day and counts calories.  She is looking GREAT!!!


Here is Creighton.  How can you not love this face!?!?  Creighton is a little trouble maker, but I find it hard to get mad at him.  Everyday little Creigh would say "Where is baby Becum."  This just made my day.


Jack Attack.  I love how much Jackson loves his auntie Josie.  I love to lift him and kiss him all over.  While I was there Jackson had his last day of school.  He practiced his letters and was so cute.


These two are going to be trouble makers in no time!


Allie wanted the perfect day for her birthday.  She slept in.  We went to a wonder breakfast, which is my favorite meal.  We then did a little shopping and after Allie went to work out for 2 hours!  Her choice.  Mitch took Allie to a really nice dinner followed by a surprise party thrown by her friends.  I have to say it was a really good day!  My favorite part was a birthday cake.  It is called THE WEDDING CAKE.  A place called Westfield's sells it.  AMAZING!!!  This picture is taken as Allie blew out her candles.


This may look a little scary, but it was really cool and beautiful.  Omaha has the best zoo.  I have gone there every time I am in Omaha.  This time they had a new butterfly exhibit.  You go in this large building and there are butterflies everywhere!  They could land on you!  


Another picture of butterflies.  Which reminds me, on this trip to Omaha I finally made it to these gardens that are right by Allie's house.  AMAZING.  Its as big as Sugarhouse Park but it is full of wonderful flowers and trees and grass.  It has all of these paths.  I highly recommend it if you ever have to go to Omaha.


Me and my nephews.  (I am their favorite auntie...sorry Lindsey!!!)


So Allie is Mrs. Crafty.  Her ward made these capes at Enrichment night.  We wanted one for each of the boys with their initial.  Its Superman on one side and Batman on the other.  How fun will that be?  

Thanks for a great trip!  Love you, Allie!

1 comment:

anya said...

Are those capes the cutest or what!!! I want to see her cake! Sounds so fun!