This post is a long time coming...
I have been truly been blessed for many reasons. Micah and I were so lucky to get Beck so quickly, but the downside, if there is one, was that I did not have much time to get baby things. So many people were incredibly generous and gave little Beck amazing gifts.
The Ward Shower:
The Bests, Mays, and Taggs offered to throw me a ward shower. This was no typical ward shower. Jeana Best, was one of my employees at the bank and a neighbor. Jeana had inside information on me, and told her mom how much I LOVED cupcakes. Well...Bonnie Mays and Nancy Best set out to make the most amazing shower and incredible cupcakes. The decorations were perfect. The favors were darling, and I got some much needed items. (I think the baby bouncer and the diaper genie have been two of my most used gifts.) See pics below...
Look at how cute everything is!!!
This is a sample of some of the cupcakes they made. Can you believe this? My two favorite were the bumble bee and baby birds. If you look really close you can pick them out. Homemade. Just AMAZING!!!
Friends Shower:
I have darling friends. We got together on a Friday night (at Sarah's beautifully renovated home), and I was amazed how many of them gave up their Friday night for little Beck. It was fun to get together and see everyone. (I hadn't seen Amanda, Ashton, or Ali for so long!!! I miss you guys!) This was the night Beck received my favorite blanket that Auntie Sarah made for him. It is super soft!!! Sarah and Anya made some really fun games. See some of them below...

Awe!!! Lindsay, Taya, Sarah, and Jess socializing.
The Bank Girls...Ashton, Sarah, and Ali eating yummy food.
Family Shower:
I had three great family showers. I felt so loved. When you adopt, I think its natural to think...will my family accept the baby as much as a biological baby? The answer is YES!!!! Everyone has been so supportive and loving. Everyone seemed amazed at how much Beck looked like Micah, and everyone would say he was always suppose to be part of our family. I never had to worry about Beck at the showers. There was a line to hold him. It was wonderful. Take a look...
These were the favors my Aunt Michelle made. I loved them! They were chocolate stars with sayings...Wishes really do come true.
***I don't have any pictures from the Henderson shower, but it was so much fun. My Aunt Jeanene's girls stayed after and gave me lots of motherly advise. I was laughing so hard! Lori brought amazing favors that included little mint tins with Beck and my name printed on them.***
This picture is from the shower the Peterson's threw. It was a blast. It was a couples shower. The food was awesome, but our favorite part was that Micah's cousins Jenny, Jayme, and Jill there. We only see them maybe once or twice a year. Those girls are so great! However, we did miss seeing Micah's aunt and uncle, Sue and Jeff.
Well...Thats it for the showers. Thanks again!
1 comment:
What amazing and fun showers you had!!! It's amazing to see how much everyone loves and supports you, isn't it?! I love Baby Beck and thinks he looks just like Micah too!
Post a Comment