Sunday, April 26, 2009

Meet Lexie

So I have a confession...Zach is not the name of our birth mother.  Its actually Lexie.  (Lexie gave me permission to use her really name.)   Zach is the name of Lexie's twin brother, so I thought it would be good to use in the interim.  

Back to the story...So Lexie was staying in Las Vegas with family the first six weeks after Beck was born.  When Lexie finally made it up to Salt Lake we wanted to meet for the first time since Lexie placed Beck with us.  I choose Gardner Village where we could have some lunch and spend sometime outside just talking.  Surprisingly I was not that nervous.  I love Lexie with all of my heart.  I just wanted her to be happy and okay, especially when she saw Beck.  I think the afternoon went perfect.  Micah and I really enjoyed seeing Lexie, and I think Lexie loved to see us and Beck.  Beck is just beginning to smile and Lexie got a few precious smiles.  Lexie gave us the most amazing gift, with a lot of help from her sister Jeanna, Lexie made a scrapbook with pictures and letters and thoughts.  I know that Beck will treasure this gift.  Below are some pictures of our special meeting...


Lexie, holding Beck for the first time since placement.


Beck giving his cute smile to Lexie!

No comments: