Sunday, November 20, 2011

Orlando

We just got home for the happiest place on Earth.  We had such an amazing time.  I was quite worried about traveling with both boys, but they were really good.  Even though Beckham has been to both Disneyland and DisneyWorld before, it was as if he has never been before.  He didn't remember a thing.  In fact, I am not sure if he will really remember this trip, but he loved it.  We spent weeks talking about going to "Mickey's House," but I don't think he got it until we actually got there.  Even then, it took him a little while to grasp how cool Disney World is.

First up, was dinner in DownTown Disney at T-Rex.  Such a fantastic restaurant for boys.  There were huge dinosaurs everywhere.  Beckham was a little scared, but the little dinosaur toys cheered him right up...


The next day was Sunday.  We went to church and there were not enough seats for us, so after sacrament we walk over to the temple grounds...
Jackson, Creighton, Mitch, Easton, and Beckham.  Love this.

The temple grounds were so beautiful and peaceful.  I really loved it...


My little sister traveled without her Matthew.  We really missed Matt, but the little boys gave her lots of loves...


For their Sunday lesson, the little boys listened to my dad tell them about the Moroni statue on the temples...


Monday was the big day.  First up was Animal Kingdom.  My favorite.  Typically we go on the jungle safari later in the day so I was excited to go in the morning...


I really think we saw a lot more animals by going in the morning.  It was the first time I actually saw a lion...


Beckham and his "Auntie"

Going to Disney World the week before Thanksgiving is the perfect time.  All the Christmas decorations are up, and typically the parks are really slow.  I will say that this year was the busiest I have ever seen it.  It was also the warmest its ever been.  I brought tree jackets for everyone and we never needed one of them.  Anyway, back to the Christmas decorations.  Each park has a tree.  We tried to take a picture in front of each one.  The first two days we went to Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios...
Animal Kingdom.


Disney Studios.


The boys getting ready to ride the rapids in Animal Kingdom...


Tuesday, Jordan and Melyn joined us and we went to Islands of Adventure.  One of Beckham's favorite movies is "The Grinch."  The one with Jim Carrey.  Don't ask me why, but Beck and Easton have watched it all year.  We happened to run into the Grinch in Suess Land, and Beckham was terrified...


Micah could not get enough of the Butterbeer...


And my dad was sick again after the Harry Potter ride...


Beckham loved the dinosaurs...

But at the sometime was scared...

These two cracked me up all day long...

And these three could have ridden all the rides all day long...


While we were in Super Hero Land, Beckham and Easton happened to run into one of their favorite heroes...
Spiderman was really cute to them, but the little boys were too busy trying to make the webs come out of their hands to smile for the picture.

Lindsey, Cyclops, and my dad.


Tuesday night a few of us decided to try the "Once Upon a Christmas Party" at the Magic Kingdom.  It was a lot of fun.  It really felt like Christmas.  There was a Christmas parade, lots of Christmas lights, music, everyone was dressed up, and of course Santa was there.  A great way to start the holiday season...


My favorite part of the night was that I could focus all my attention on Beck.  I rode most of the rides with him and I loved it...



Wednesday, I decided to stay home with Graham, but Beckham came in our room saying he was ready to go to the parks...
Yep, he planned on taking his binkie, blanket, Darth Goofy, Yoda, and behind Beck is a bag with all of his toys.  A little too over prepared.

Micah was determined to get Beckham to go on a few of the big rides.  You had to be 40 inches tall, so Micah may have stuffed his shoes.  Especially so Beckham could ride Star Tours...


After riding Star Tours, Beckham got his face painted like a Super Hero.  He LOVED it, but it didn't last too long...


Our final night we went to Chevy's which had an amazing balloon artist.  He made all the boys balloons, including Beckham's Darth Vader...
Impressive, eh?

The next morning we were exhausted and I was ready to take my darling boys home...


Thank you so much mom and dad for the incredible family fun.  ***Who says you all need to dress up to show you are having fun???  (Inside joke.)



3 comments:

the johansen's said...

This looks like an awesome trip! I'm jealous.

PS: Micah sure has that Spider Man pose down. He should consider a job change.....JK.

Annie said...

I am so jealous of your visit to Harry Potter Land! Wish I could have joined you!

anya said...

Soooo glad you had fun. Soooo glad Baby G behaved. Yeah for Disneyworld!