Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bless This Day...

It was odd planning a baby blessing for Graham when he was only 6 weeks old.  I felt like I needed more time to figure everything out.  It ended up being small, but it was nice that way.  There were some benefits like a wide array of blessing outfits that were his size;)  As I was searching for Graham's blessing outfit, I stumbled upon a suit for Beckham.  Man did Micah and Beckham look good in their suits...




I'm not a huge fan of little boy blessing outfits.  There isn't a wide variety like there is for girls, but Graham looked very handsome...



And then there was his little Nike Air Jordans...
Because he is going to be an amazing basketball player with mad skills.  I half expected Micah to bless him with the ability to dunk like no one else.  They might not have been "church approved" but the shoes are a heirloom of sort for the Petersons.

As for the blessing, it was beautiful.  When we blessed Beckham, Beckham was 6 months, wide awake, and screaming so Micah felt like he didn't have time to say many things.  Among the many things Micah told and blessed Graham with...

How loved and wanted he was.
There are many examples all around him.
Blessed Graham with strength of body, mind, and spirit.
A body that is healthy and strong.
A mind that is sharp whited.
Knowledge of the gospel.
Love of the scriptures.
The ability to make a decision to serve a mission with his full heart.
To find a worthy mate to take to the temple.
To cherish and love his wife.

It really was beautiful.  Thank you, Micah.




1 comment:

anya said...

love the air jordans! still sad I missed the blessing... dang sick kids! all of your boys looked so adorable!