Monday, November 28, 2011

Its the Most Wonderful Time...

This past week we busily decorated our house for Christmas.

I love having a little tree in each of the boy's rooms.  Beckham decided that he wanted a Star Wars Christmas tree for his room.  My mom and I went looking for Star Wars ornaments.  I first went to Hallmark because I heard they had ornaments for every thing.  They did, but they were so expensive!  So we went to Target.  They had some that were kinda cheesy, so I ended up doing lots of red stars for "STAR Wars" and stringing up  Star Wars toys...



For Graham's tree, I used the same ornaments I used for Beckham's tree last year.  I love this tree.  Its just so colorful and fun.  It makes me want to do our main tree just like it...




We start some of my favorite traditions on Thanksgiving night.  This year was extra special because Beckham is understanding more and more of what is going on.

First off, we went outside and turned on our Christmas lights for the first time this year.  I LOVE Christmas lights.

When we went inside, Santa had come and left two special surprises for Beckham...


A new pair of Christmas pajamas and a Christmas Elf...

Beckham chose to name his elf Mo.  (The next day Beckham was pretty funny.  If he ever did something he wasn't suppose to, he would tell Mo sorry.  Not me. lol.)

I finally finished wrapping enough books to unwrap one every night.  I hope Beckham enjoys this tradition as much as I did was a kid.

So there you have it.  Our first few holiday traditions.  We are off on our way to Christmas.  It is amazing to see the Christmas spirit alive in your children's eyes.  It makes everything better.



2 comments:

anya said...

I love the boys trees! Cute tradition! We started elf on the shelf last year. I love it and so does Luke! Lets talk that Christmas tradition. I want to do it!

Melyn said...

Great traditions!