My day started at 4 am. Beck woke with a little nightmare. I went to put his binkie back in, and then I just stared at him. In a few hours, Beck would be ours. I couldn't resist the urge to pick him up and take him back to our bed. I cuddled him for the next couple hours.
Micah and I had bought Beck the CUTEST outfit for court. We got him dressed and traveled down to the Matheson Courthouse. There we met with our judge, Vernice Trease who finalized our adoption. (She said she had never seen a baby dressed so cute for court.) I ordered only 5 birth certificates, although I wanted to order a billion and post them all over our house and cars.
All the players, after the finalization. From left, our attorney, Lance Rich; our social worker, Pam Taylor; our judge, Vernice Trease; me, Micah, Beck; and my parent, Wendy and Jim.
We celebrated by having breakfast at the Original Pancake House. My parent's were the only ones who joined us for this joyous day, but that was just fine. In my heart I was full.
Beck enjoying himself in his big boy highchair at breakfast.
4 comments:
Your post made me cry! Such a happy day for your family!
That is the cutest outfit!
you're not kiddin' that outfit is so so cute!!!!
Congratulations! We are so happy for you. You know much we love you and you sweet baby Beck.
What a speical day!
Michelle & Kelly
Post a Comment