Sarah Lynn and I have decided to devote our Thursday nights to the art of craft making. ...That might be a little bit of an exaggeration... We have decided to devote our Thursday nights to having fun together. Chad goes to school late and Micah works late so Thursday nights are the perfect time. So far we have looked at purses, eaten dinner, made cookies, and last week we made salsa. As you can see we have yet to do a craft. That was also suppose to change last night...
Sarah knew of this super cute pumpkin craft. Sarah has a friend that has done this craft and told her, "They are so easy and cute." Sarah and I should have realized that sometimes we are little... craft challenged. After a total of 7 hours! I finally went to bed last night mad and amused. Mad that I spent so much time trying to make the pumpkins look cute and amused that I should have expected this out come in the first place. With all said and done I will show you our project and the lessons we learned.

First, We gathered our supplies. White and Black paint; paint brushes; tape and stickers; various ribbon; and of course pumpkins. Lesson Learned #1: Only attempt this on small pumpkins. Big Pumpkins=Big Disasters. Equally important, do not try doing this on 6+ pumpkins at one time. It will take you all night.

Next, use the tape and stickers and place them all over the pumpkin to make cute designs. Lesson Learned #2: Pumpkins are round and therefore it is extremely hard to make anything stick on the pumpkins. It is also hard to make things look straight or symmetrical.
After tape and stickers are in place, paint the pumpkin white or black. Lesson Learned #3: DO NOT buy paint from Smiths. Sarah and I did this with our white paint. It wouldn't stick to the pumpkin and if you eventually got it to, after 4 coats, when the pumpkin is dry, the paint would just flake off. If you don't follow this lesson learned, eventually you will just send your husband outside to wash off the paint off of the pumpkin leaving no evidence that the pumpkin looked like a disaster.

This next part is extremely difficult. Remove the tape and stickers while trying not to take off the paint on the surrounding parts. Lesson Learned #4: This part is impossible. Our circles looked like blobs and our strips were not straight.
The final step is to tie lots of ribbon around the pumpkins to hide all the imperfections. Then take a picture from far away so the pumpkins actually look okay. Lesson Learned #5: We probably won't try this again.
7 comments:
I think it turned out great!!!!
They look perfect in pictures and from far away!!! They are cute, we just need to stick to things not so...ambitious!!!
they look wonderful!!
Ok I think they look darling! ~Hilary
Too funny, Josie. All your supposed hiding of the mistakes must have worked because I think they turned out adorable!
i think they turned out darling! what are you talkin about. we still need to get together. oh and those pictures are to dang cute!
They all look so cute! Let me give you a bit of advice I've learned over many years of crafting- the less perfect, the better!
Post a Comment