Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Adventures of Josie and Sarah Lynn: The Fire Alarm

I am just loving our downstairs neighbors. If you haven't met Sarah, she is just so funny. Sarah and I are very similar in many ways. We both a little bit of a perfectionist. We can both get emotional. We are both dramatic. We both LOVE to shop and typically will end up buying the same clothes even if we are not together.

A little story I want to remember... Tonight was crazy. I had my visiting teachers come over earlier. I had set appointments to see my sisters, and just as I was about to leave the house to start this, my darling Stake Primary President called and wanted to come over too. I told her to come at 7:30. (That was a really optimistic time. I should have known I wouldn't be home by then.) Low and behold it was 7:30 and I was visiting with Emily. I had Beck. My partner, Jess and her new born, was with me too. I wondered what would be the best plan of attack. I decided to leave Beck with the girls and run home to visit with the Stake Primary Presidency for 5 minutes.

As the Primary Presidency and I are chatting in my living room, all the fire alarms in the house start going off. I don't know what to do. I pull out a ladder and I am trying to turn them off. I look like an idiot. I am obviously not cooking anything, but I can smell bacon. I think, "Sarah must be cooking." Eventually they finally turn off and the Presidency leaves. When I get back with the girls, I look down at my phone and I got a text from Sarah..."Don't worry, the house is not on fire..." Thank you for the information via text. If my house were on fire I hope that you will come and let us know so that we could we all escape alive. PS. That text totally made my day. So Sarah.

Oh...I am not being sarcastic here...I truly love having Sarah here. If only to make me laugh and make my day a little brighter.

2 comments:

the johansen's said...

I am seriously laughing so hard!! That would happen to me!!! We love living here and I am LOVING all the memories we are making!!!

anya said...

As I was reading this... I thought... this WOULD happen to Sarah and Josie! Hilarious!!!