Friday, July 10, 2009

Firecracker Waiting to Blow...

For those of you that don't know, the 4th of July is my favorite holiday.  I LOVE barbecue's.  I love that stores and movie theaters are not closed.  I love summer and swimming.  Most of all, I LOVE fireworks.  The 4th of July combines all of my favorite things.  I was so excited to spend the day with Beck and Micah.  

First, we went to my favorite place for breakfast, The Porcupine Grill.  (They have the best fruit pancakes.)  Then we came to my mom's to help get ready for our family party later that night.  Sadly, I was feeling a bit under the weather, but eventually we did make it out to take Beck swimming.  He was a little indifferent about it, but he looked super cute!  Later that night, my dad's family came over for a little barbecue.  

Every year my family heads over to the Salt Lake Country Club for fireworks.  Micah and I were unsure whether we should go and take Beck.  Since Micah and I had missed the fireworks for the last two years, we decided to to go.  The show would start way past Beck's bedtime, so we got him already for bed before we left.  We put a blanket over his car seat, and believed Beck was asleep.  Right before the fireworks started, I took a peak to make sure he was sleeping, and nope...He was wide awake.  For how long, we have no idea.  He was just sitting there.  So cute!  Anyway, I was worried about his ears and so I wrapped him up, and he sat there and watched the whole fireworks show.  I think Beck is going to love the 4th of July just as much as I do!

Beck in his turtle swimming outfit.  How cute is he?


I had to include this picture.  I didn't get any pictures with any of my cousins, and I just love my cousins.  This picture is of some of my cousin's children.  How cute are those girls?  Starting on the left is Ellie, Georgia, Lola, and Sam.  I have to tell you that Georgia and Sam belong to my cousin Gina.  I LOVE the names Gina has named her girls.  The oldest in Samantha (Sam), Georgia (George), and the youngest, which is Beck's age, is Francesca (Frankie).  I love that they all have this beautiful formal name and this little tomboy nick name.  BTW, Lola is almost 2, but with her cute extensions, she looks like she is 4.

  
Beck and Micah.  Right now, Micah is up to trying anything to make Beck laugh.


There is his smile!


This isn't the best picture.  I took it on my iphone in pitch black, but this is what I found when I peaked in to find out if Beck was still asleep.

No comments: