Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baby It's Better, Down Where It's Wetter...

Our little Beck is a fish. He loves the water. When Beck was a baby, my friend Anya, told me about her routine for her little boy, Luke. This included a bath every night. I thought it was a great idea. At first, Beck was indifferent. At about 2 months, you could tell he loved it. At three months he was kicking and splashing.

Last Friday, Micah was working late and my mom was out of town. Beck was being such a pill, I didn't know what to do. Nothing was making him happy. All the sudden, I thought, "Beck loves the bath at nighttime, why don't I do it now." I did, and it worked. He finally stopped crying, so Beck played in the bath for about a half an hour. It was a wonderful break.

A week ago, my dad took Beck for a dip in the pool. I didn't know if Beck would like it as much as the bath, but Beck played in the pool for a really long time. Take a look at some of the pics...


Beck on the steps.


Playing with Papa.


Loving the water.


"Look at me float mom."


This is a picture of Beck dunking his head. At first he just kept dunking his head over and over. Then he figured out he didn't like it too much.


Isn't this the cutest picture of Beck and my dad?


Beck riding his boat.



Beck as spiderman. Doing only what a spider can.

1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

Is it bad that this made me extremely jealous. I wish my kids were there for dad to take in the pool!