Sunday, September 23, 2012

Those Dog Days of Summer...

Poor, unfortunate blog.  You have been greatly overlooked.  The days of summer seemed to speed up and it seemed like I never had time to stop...so that meant you were untouched.

So what have we been up to???   Take a look...

One day Allie and I took the boys to the mall.  They had a few little rides and instead of paying for them to each go on the carousel, we thought why don't we put ALL of them in a hurricane simulator.  Safe to say, Beck did not enjoy it...


We LOVED watching the Olympics this summer.  The boys got into it to.  My favorite conversation was with Jackson..."who won the Olympics last night?"  me-"Uh...China??"  Jack-"Thats who I thought won."  One day at the pool the boys decided to play Olympics...


To celebrate Que's birthday this year, we went and did sealings.  It was so nice to spend time all together at the temple...



Of course, lots of time was spent at the pool.  By the end of July, Beck would mostly swim without floaties...


Us at Uncle Que's grave on his birthday...


Beck went to his 2nd dentist appointment.  This time they did xrays.  Still no cavities...


Goofing around with the mustache we got from the movie The Lorax...


This summer was too hot.  Way too hot.  Which meant our water bill was horrendous.  By July I was done going out and working in the yard.  However, Micah and I finally had a sprinkler guy come and fix our front sprinklers so I didn't have to spend an hour watering every day.  Best $140 I ever spent...


Seriously, he is so pale.  More thing...


One night we went to a Henderson/McCoulough family reunion.  Not the highlight of the summer...


My dad heard Lindsey and Matt were going to Five Alls to celebrate their anniversary.  Apparently, the conversation went something like this...
dad-I haven't been to Five Alls forever.  Can we come?
Lindsey-Sure???
dad-What about this, I invite the whole family.
I am sure Matt and Lindsey loved having the whole family join them in celebrating their anniversary...


Graham LOVES pushing anything and everything...


Love this picture I took of Graham in the bath.  He LOVES the bath...


Micah thinks Graham is a mama's boy.  I don't think Graham laughs harder for anyone other than his daddy...



Graham is VERY into cars.  He LOVES them.  He always has one...



Took Beck to get some new shoes for school...


Graham loves this horse that is at Allie's house...


Graham has the best cousins.  They love his so much.  Especially Creigh.  Everytime we see Creigh he has a new picture he colored for Graham.  Every time Graham sees Creigh, he says, "oh" and points to Creigh.  Its so cute...


I took the boys to get haircuts and Graham was playing on their play set pushing his face against the glass.  So funny...


Haircuts are serious stuff...


We took lots of trips to the zoo.  LOTS.  The zoo is so much better with the new Polar Bear exhibit...


Oh Swiss Days.  I think by August I start imagining what life will be like for my sister when it is over.  Swiss Days is so stressful.  We really didn't know how well she would do since it was her second year. Her goal was half.  She almost did the same as she did last year!  And she won a big award!  ...which means she has automatic entry into next year...  Yay???  I don't quite know how I feel about this yet...



Labor day was a pool day...


And we took a nice walk...


When Matt's mom came home from New Hampshire, she threw Lindsey and Matt an anniversary party.  It was a lot of fun...


Jen always throws the most AMAZING birthday parties.  I seriously don't know how she comes up with this stuff.  This year was a Thomas the Train party complete with train...


This one cannot get enough of the swings.  He totally loves them...


Beckham really wanted to help me decorate for Halloween this year.  So much that I would unload the decorations and he would go and place them where he wanted them...


This one has decided that he LOVES TV.  It is fascinating.  All these images move.  He especially loves Sesame Street and Jacks Big Music Show.  It must be the puppets...


Fridays, I try and do something fun with the boys.  One day we went downtown for lunch, to play on the dinosaur playground, and ride the train...


Teething is a huge deal for this guy.  When he is teething, he leaves his hand in his mouth the whole day.  He also doesn't sleep, and he screams and cries most of the day.  Its really nice...


The boys are so excited about Halloween.  Particularly Beck.  Beckham was so excited for some Halloween jammies.  It was like dressing up for Halloween every night!  Graham???  Not so much...



This boy melts my heart...


As does this one...


My grandpa has about 40 chickens.  For Friday fun day, we went over so Beckham could chase them around.  The ground was covered in poop.  So much poop.  But...the boys loved it...


One last pic.  I hope to be better at my blog in the future...

1 comment:

anya said...

Yeah! Up next on the blog.... birthday party?! I gotta see more details of it!