A couple weeks before Easter Allie and I were talking about ways to keep our little men entertained in our yards. We both loved the idea of having a playground...but loving the idea and making it happen are two very different things.
After researching a lot, I was pretty set on getting a playground. My problem...we have a lot of yard...but not a perfect place to put a playground. Someone mentioned the idea of putting a playground where our hot tub is. Honestly, it was the best idea. First, in our seven years living here, I think we have used it 5 times. Second, we could sell it for $$$ to pay for our playground. Third, we have a major sprinkler problem in that area, so by putting playground there, we could hopefully fix that problem.
So...our next big decision was finding the perfect playground. I love to research things like this. I loved the look of the playsets you find at Costco. They are usually wood, so there would be some up keep. We looked at vinyl playsets...but I really fell in love with the playsets from Lifetime. They are powered coated so it wouldn't rust, and wouldn't get hot in the sun. Sold!
Next up. Selling our hot tub. We sold it pretty quickly, which was great, but it took quite awhile for the buyer to figure out how to move it. Eventually, it was gone...and then the landscapers came to ready the area...then the playset was built...and finally, about 10 weeks later, the mulch came in...
Before...
After...
I have been so excited about this playground. I couldn't wait to see Beck's face. We surprised him with it before the mulch came in, but it was still so priceless...
Totally in love and totally worth it.
My plan this summer is to sit in the backyard and watch little man play while my body works on building another little man:)

4 comments:
SOO fun!! Love the playground, Beck looks so happy!
What Fun! He and the rest of the BOYS are going to love it! Enjoy
Michelle
love it! love it! love it! can we come and play too???
I want to come play too! How fun!
Post a Comment