Saturday, May 28, 2011

It Was Seven Years Ago Today...

Someone in our house turned seven!  I can't believe it!  My little princess, Roxy.  For those of you that know, Roxy was born my last day of classes at Westminster, May 22, 2004.  We didn't adopt her until August, but once I found out her birthday, I always knew she was meant to be part of my life.  Finishing school was a such a gift and so was Roxy.

Honestly, we don't always remember her birthday, so when I do, we go all out.  Including, pictures...




Isn't she beautiful?  Okay, it was hard to get her to hold still, but she is pretty.

One thing about Roxy is that she LOVES presents.  She knows exactly what gifts are and she freaks out.  Everyone in the family laughed as she searched the bag for her little toys...


Many people are dog lovers and some are not.  I respect everyone's opinion.  Allie and Mitch are not, but I want to thank them for putting up with my love for Roxy and even liking her sometimes.  For me, Roxy is so many things.  She is always happy to see me.  She loves to cuddle and keep me company.  She is my little girl.  She allows me to get my girl fix in, hence she has lots of cute dresses.  Most of all, Roxy taught me a lot about love.  It is because of Roxy that I KNEW I could adopt a child.  Happy Birthday, Roxy.

3 comments:

The Evers Family said...

hahahahaha love roxy...even though she is a dog.

Melyn said...

I love Roxy!! I love cuddling with her on the couch :) And throwing little stuffed animals to her!

anya said...

oh my gosh! look at her dress! i love it! although we are not animal lovers here.... we still LOVE Roxy too! :)