Sunday, May 22, 2011

22 Weeks...

It seams like the weeks just fly by.  I cannot believe I am 22 weeks.  We have yet to accomplish anything on the baby front, meanwhile, our little one keeps getting bigger...

Its quite funny, because when I compare my weekly pictures sometimes I look smaller and sometimes I look bigger.  Guess it just depends on what I have eaten.

This week I have thought a lot about adoption.  Micah and I have had a decision to make.  Our file at LDS services has remained open, and we needed to make a decision on what to do with it.  Honestly, I think we both know what we wanted to do, it was just saying the words.  I don't think I realized how traumatized we both were after trying to adopt our second child.  With Beckham, it seemed so right and natural.  It was hard, but it was right.  The second time though...I still have nightmares about it.  So we decided to close it.  I honestly don't know if we will adopt again.  Maybe more time will help heal us.  I just don't know.

As for our ACTUAL little one that is on his way, we had one more ultra sound and a visit by the high risk doctors.  I have to say, I still haven't felt my little guy move.  My doctor has assured me that everything is okay.  All of the placenta is in front creating a little pillow between my belly and the baby.  Apparently this happened to my doctor and it took until week 22 for her to feel her little boy (and she is a OB), so I am hoping by week 24 I can feel him.  In the meantime, I get so nervous before my doctor's appointment that something is wrong and he isn't in there anymore.  So, as soon as I hear his heartbeat or see him move I cry.  I'm usually not so sensitive, but I cry every time.  It is just such a miracle...
Here is his little profile.  Everything with the baby looked really good.  Which is another miracle.

If we ever had any doubt this little one is a boy, he always makes sure to show us, at least 10 times during each ultra sound.  He is a boy and proud of it...
(This is a picture of his bum and legs.  The two round eggs in the middle of the picture are his little testicles.)

The doctors did happen to find something in the lining of my uterus.  Honestly, I was so happy the baby was okay, I wasn't really paying attention.  By the time I got home and started thinking about it, it was already the weekend...so, for a couple days I thought I had cancer.  I was finally able to get a hold of my doctor who explained that there is an area of my uterus they want to watch.  It won't effect the baby, but most likely my delivery.  I was just relieved it wasn't cancer and the baby is healthy!

3 comments:

anya said...

22 weeks?! Crazy! I love him already! :)

Melyn said...

So happy that you and the baby are healthy :) I can already tell from his profile that he looks like both you and Micah!

The Stringham's said...

so glad things are going well~ he has the most darling profile picture! i hope you are doing ok and i love that Roxy has dresses...darling. love you lots.