I had planned an excellent week this past week. I would be fresh off vacation and had the world in front of me. The week started off with listening to my poor nephews and sister congestion and cough on the way home from California. I felt sad, but I was content that Beck nor I showed any signs of this illness. On Monday, things seemed fine until the early afternoon when I realized I had a sore throat. That always seems to be the first sign. Tuesday was bad. Poor Beck looked so miserable, and what do you do for a sick baby? They don't understand that the condition is temporary. I gave him baby Tylenol and just wanted to hold him. That night was a horrible night for everyone in our family. At 7 am I told Micah I needed him to stay home from work for awhile. I felt so awful, I didn't know how I could take care of my sick baby and myself. I hadn't slept the whole night and finally went and slept in Beck's room where there was a humidifier. Some time later, Roxy was having a fit. I didn't know what was going on. I come out of Beck's room to hear knocking on my door, Micah in the shower. What do I do? Should I answer it. Well I did. It was my visiting teachers. I had set an appointment for them to come over at 10 am. I perfectly normal time. But yes, it was 10 am and I just gotten out of bed and still felt like crap. I answered the door in a very disheveled state. Robe on and hair a mess. I didn't have my contacts in so I couldn't even see who it was. I am sure Stef and Amy thought I looked like a crazy person. Oh well. Two days later I finally felt like I was getting better. Beck seemed to be back to normal. My one lingering element was the nagging cough. I hate the cough. At any moment I might have an attack and I can't seem to talk or breath until I have water. At night I would take a decongestion and cough medication. Last night, both failed. I must have dosed off for an hour only to wake up to find that my husband was out on the couch watching TV. He is so sweet and denied it was my coughing that kept him awake. When he finally did go to bed, an hour later, I didn't want to wake him. He had been so good to me all week. I stayed awake trying so hard not to cough. It made me feel like I needed to cough more. Finally I made my way out to the couch so I could cough without disturbing him. Even then, I never fell asleep. Hence I am writing this post in the early morning hours. I hope I feel better tomorrow. Until then, I hoping my sweet husband has a few more hours of restful sleep. He really deserves it.
As for what I accomplished this week? Nothing. Didn't work out, didn't clean the closets. Nothing. I guess I did nap a fraudster at work by pretending to pick glass out of her hand, but that is a story for another day.
BTW, if you are wondering were the pics are for this post, I thought about taking pictures of Beck and I's condition and have decided against it. I would rather not remember how I have looked this week.
3 comments:
I am so sorry we got you sick. I am glad you are the upswing of things. Love you and miss you!
Yuck yuck yuck. I hate being sick!!! I am so sorry... but glad you are on the mend!
So sorry you were sick. If we were more inspired visiting teachers we would have showed up at your door with some nice warm soup instead of waking you from some much needed sleep.
Post a Comment