Monday, August 31, 2009

Loving and Loving and Loving...

When I married Micah I didn't know if I would ever feel the erg to have children. When I held my little nephew, Jackson, that all changed. It took almost four years for that feeling and desire to become a reality.

Now, I am LOVING being a mom. It is the most amazing thing. Beck is almost six months old and growing so fast. I wish (a) I could freeze Beck in time or (b) adopt another baby soon. Since neither or those seem to be an option in the near future, I am eating up every moment with my little boy. Here are some of the things I am loving at this moment...


***Beck knows what a bottle is. When he sees it, it reaches for it. He loves to hold, but he is not very good at it.


***Beck found his voice. He LOVES to squeal. In the morning, while I wish we were still sleeping, he loves to use it.


***Beck HATES baby food. He ate the rice cereal/oatmeal and loved it. Next, we started on sweet potatoes and then carrots. He literally would spit it out and gag.


***Beck is rolling everywhere! He still hates when he is on his stomach.



***Beck is starting to sit up by himself. He can get knocked down pretty easily, but he does it.


***Beck LOVES when I read him books. He loves to help turn the pages and loves when the book his touchy/feely stuff on them.



***Beck still loves his tub. He loves to kick and play. Its his favorite time of the day.


***Beck is so tall. I am nervous to see what size he wears when it comes to wearing pants. Very nervous.



***Beck's feet grew 2 sizes overnight. Beck has always had extremely small feet. I had all of these adorable shoes for a 3-6 month old, but they would fall of because his feet were so short and narrow. The next time I try them, I can't even put them on! What am I to do with all these cute shoes?




***Swaddling. Beck loves to be swaddled. His swaddle wrap is Heaven sent. Beck sleeps about 10 hours a night, and so the thought of unswaddling Beck has scared Micah and I to death. One night Micah said, "We just need to do it." So we left Beck unswaddled. Disastrous results. Beck didn't know what to do with his hands to he just kept hitting himself. Three hours later Micah changed his mind. Right now we are only leaving one arm out, and we usually have to give him a stuff animal to hold so he doesn't move his arm all around.


2 comments:

anya said...

Oh man! I am so excited to see baby Beck tonight!!!!

Everyday Anisha Photography said...

We swaddled our kids until they were huge. If it works for you do it. He's adorable!