Friday, June 1, 2012

He is a Brick...

This post is long over due.  A post about Beckham, in general, is long over due.  There has been about hundred posts I have been planning, but never get around to.

Potty Training...we took about a month break.  After way too many accidents, I put him back in diapers for a week...and then I decided he was only going to use the potty when he was ready, so every day I would ask him if he wanted to wear underwear or a diaper.  We talked about it all the time, and then one day he told us the big news...he wanted to wear underwear!  From then on he has been amazing at going to the bathroom.  There were a few accidents at first.  Usually when he was playing, but now he is to the point were he goes in and uses the toilet all by himself when he needs to go.  Its like a dream.  I can't believe he does it every time he goes.  I really didn't think it would ever happen.

Anxiety-wise, I am much better.  I have a little backpack in a change of underwear and shorts, so nothing has slowed us down.  I will say its quite interesting when we are on a drive and he says, "I need to go potty."  I panic.  I don't want him to have an accident and ruin his progress.  Good thing he is a boy.  We have now successfully peed in a bottle and "watered" tens of flowers.

As for pooping in the potty.  That is a different story.  He won't do it.  I have tried reading to him, mineral oil,  and now miralax.  We have a reward for him when he does it.  We tell him he can't go to school if he keeps this up...and he can't go and kiss the dolphins...  Earlier this week he told me was scared.  I sit him on the toilet and hold him and we read books and watch shows.  Sunday he went on the toilet for Micah...and then an hour later in his pants.  But...last night two separate times I heard his little voice say..."I did it.  I went poop-poo on the potty!"  Sure enough I went in there and he did.  I was so proud.  I just hope it can continue.



My favorite thing about potty training has to be the underwear.  Basically, Beckham takes off his clothes, randomly of course, and will run around in his undies.  Gotta love it....

Some other little tidbits I'm loving...he totally loves me and asks me, "cuddle with mommy?" all the time.  Melts my heart.

Beckham is super excited about swim lessons.  We will see how he does.

Everyday he will tell you he is not Beckham.  He is either spiderman, or Thor, or Hulk, or some other superhero guy.  You never know who he really is.  {BTW, one of his excuses for not pooping on the toilet is that ninja's don't poop.}

Loves his brother and tackles Graham all the time.  I also usually find Graham with one of Beckham's toys because they are sharing.

I go into Beckham's room right before I go to sleep.  He looks like an angel and I am reminded how much I love him.  I am so very lucky to be him mommy.

No comments: