When we moved into our home, it wasn't our dream home. Everything wasn't perfect, but slowly and surely we have been transforming our home into everything we have always wanted.
First, we moved our front door. Huge difference, and for a long time we have been pretty content. However, if you asked me what I would want to do next...it would be changing the exterior of our home.
We have never been a fan of the old school orange brick, but we didn't really know what to do about it, and I was positive if we did do something about it, it would cost a fortune. Well...this spring, I decided to have some people come out and tell us how much it would cost to do a little of this and a little of that. (Just so I could prepare for the future.) We were pleasantly surprised at how doable many of the things were...so instead of getting a new entertainment center, we decided to change a few things about our house...
BEFORE
DURING
The white siding is gone and so is the ugly red deck. (Micah was terrified to see what was underneath it.) Also...we go rid of the cement pavers.
We put hardy shakes above our garage.
And painted. Now, I know not everyone is a fan of painted brick, but I am. Love it.
As for the color, it took some getting used to. Micah wanted a really light grey. I wanted a dark grey. We met in the middle and for quite a few days I thought it looked purple.
AFTER
One of my favorite parts was having our friend Quinton pour us a back cement porch and stairs. So much better!
So, there it is folks. On top of it, I have been out in the yard as much as I can with two crazy boys. I can't wait to sit back and enjoy it.
4 comments:
i personally love it! love the addition of the red porch! i think it looks great! Yeah!!!! I am coming see it in person ASAP!
That looks awesome!
I miss home and you guys! Hope everything is well. Give your boys a hug for me. Miss you.
i love it! wow! i think it looks awesome! i love seeing before and after! good picks.
Post a Comment