Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Party Like It's Your Birthday...

My mom thinks I am obsessive about my birthday. That I make too big of a deal out of it. Me? I think that I am pretty laid back. I don't need gifts or money. I just want to have a good day. I want to do things that I like doing. So...What did I do for my birthday?

My day started at 5:35am. Did I want to sleep in for my birthday? No. I wanted to go to my favorite gym class. It was good. I love Combat. (Too bad Sarah Lynn wasn't there. LOL.)

After I went to a delicious breakfast with Anya and Luke. We went to the Original Pancake House. Breakfast is my favorite meal, and I ordered soooo much food and it was so good.

Next, I wanted to play with the sweetest baby ever made...Beckham. (I think this was the best birthday ever basically thanks to my little man. Beck has fulfilled my life in so many ways.)

I was hoping to take a nap, but that fell through. Oh well.

I also wanted to go to dinner and a movie. I was worried this wouldn't happen because we had major babysitter issues. My favorite sitter fell through and no one else seemed willing to do it for us. (Finding babysitters is my most hated thing to do. It's like pulling teeth sometimes. I have to thank Lindsey and Sam. The only two the ever seem willing. Thanks, guys!) However, after major revisions to my plan, Micah and I were able to go. We went to a quick dinner at Training Table and then went and saw When In Rome.

I have the best husband. He tries so hard and is so amazing. I love birthday cakes. Check out the beautiful cake he brought home...


Isn't it so cute. Brown and Pink. He decided on pokadots and flowers. So me. The cake was chocolate mint. My favorite!


Beckham helping me blow out my candles. I made a special wish. More on that in posts to come.


Micah also brought home these gorgeous flowers for my birthday. I like different flowers, so I was pretty excited.


What is this? The best gift ever! For those that know me know I LOVE baby blankets. I used to ask my mom for one every year, but last year she told me no more. So what does my amazing sister do? Make this one and send it to me! Allie is thoughtful and so crafty. You cannot tell, but both sides are made out of minky. I love black and white. It is so soft and so girly. I am obsessed with it. Thank you Allie!

It was a great birthday. Now here is to hoping my wishes come true.




2 comments:

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

Birthdays are a HUGE deal!!! I love them. I am just like you I would rather have a fun day then gifts. I am glad you had a great day. Your blanket is dARLING! Happy Belated Birthday.

the johansen's said...

I Love watching Beck! You can call me anytime!! PS: You have made me feel guilty! I am sorry I missed Combat on your Birthday.