Monday, January 25, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

Having both Micah and I's birthday in January is not the funnest thing in the world. A couple years ago we decided to make it a tradition to travel as our gift to one another. I really didn't think we would go this year, but in December I found some awesome deals to go to Las Vegas. Sold! We were going to take our annual trip!

Since then, I have debated on whether or not to take Beck. It would be awesome to be able to sleep without worrying about him, but I didn't know if I could be without him. Finally, the night before we left, I decided to leave Beck with my parents. It was incredibly hard, but Micah and I had a great time.

Micah and I flew down on Friday. We checked into our hotel and headed out for some site seeing at the Palazzo.
Micah and the Tiger. 2010 is the Year of the Tiger.


Yes. That's me at the bottom of the screen. Micah takes awesome pictures.

After site seeing, Micah and I were able to meet up with Jeanna and Travis for dinner at Cafe Lux. (I cannot believe it had been since last March since we had seen her!) It was so great. I am so glad that we were able to meet up. It was the first time Micah and I had met Travis, and he kept us laughing. Talking with Jeanna was so reassuring to me. I love her spirit. It is amazing to me how much they truly seem like part of our family. As we were leaving I realized, I forgot to take a picture! I was so mad! Oh well. Next time;)

After dinner, Micah and I headed back over to the Palazzo to see Jersey Boys. (We have been wanting to see a few musicals for quite awhile. Since Beck was not with us, here was our chance.) Why Jersey Boys? My dad had seen the show and raved about it. My cousins loved it too. Did we know what it was about? Not a clue. Here is a sample of our conversation:

Micah- I think its set to Billy Joel music.
Josie- Really? Who's it about?
Micah- Frankie Valli?
Josie- Who's that?
Micah- A singer like Frank Sinatra.
Josie- Why don't they sing his music?
Micah- Mamma Mia had nothing to do with ABBA, but it was set to their music.

Micah and I had no clue. I ended up liking it. There was no Billy Joel music, but I did learn a lot. Especially about how people in Jersey talk.

That night, Micah and I slept and slept. It was awesome. When we finally woke up, we did some shopping before heading over to see The Lion King. I think it is my favorite musical. The beginning is so powerful. It gave both of us goosebumps.


Us in front of Rafiki's picture. She is Micah's favorite.


Micah and Scar. Oh so scary! He is my favorite.

Our night didn't go as well as our day. We tried to eat at a new Italian restraunt, but it was taking too long. Instead, we ate a hot dog and went to the movies.

Sunday was fantastic as well. We slept, ate, read books, and napped. Fantastic.

Micah and I had such a great time. However, we were dying to get back to our little Beckham. We missed him so much.




No comments: