I know it has been such a long time since my last post, but it has been for a fantastic reason. These last few weeks have been such a blur. I cannot believe all of the miracles that have happened. Why don’t I take you back to the beginning?
It all started a month ago today, February 10th. I was in training for work and my sister called me. Since the first of January I had heard of a young women who was pregnant. To protect her privacy, lets call her Zach. Allie had a friend who worked with her, but I never really thought too much about it because we were told that Zach was planning on keeping the baby. Anyway, Allie called me to say that Zach was going into LDS Services in the next day or so and Allie wanted her to look at our profile. After I hung up the phone I started to get butterflies. I was so excited and so scared at the same time. When I realized we needed to adopt, I felt this overwhelming sensation that our birth mother was out there, and I needed to find her. Was Zach our birth mother? The next few days Micah and I started praying to know what was right. Our family fasted on Thursday. I fasted again on Sunday. I felt good, but was that my mind trying to trick me? On Monday, February 16th we got an amazing call. Pam, our social worker, called to say that we were finally approved for adoption, and there was a birth mother that wanted to meet us…Zach. I just remember screaming. I was so excited, but I kept telling myself that I couldn’t get a head of my self. That Wednesday, February 18th, Micah and I drove to LDS Services to meet Zach and some of her family. Micah was so nervous! I was just emotional. I wished some of my family could come with me. Before we left the house, I knelt in prayer for the one family member that could be with me in that room would be there…Que. I prayed that I could feel of Que’s spirit and he would help me to know if this was right. The next thing I know, our social worker was opening the door for Micah and I to meet Zach. My heart just melted. She was the mother I had been seeing in my dreams. Zach was the cutest thing, and I just wanted to love her. After spending a few minutes talking, Zach had her two brothers and sister in law come into the room. I couldn’t believe it when Zach introduced me to her brother Quinton. I just could not believe it! I know with out a shadow of a doubt that my brother, Que, was in that room, and he wanted me to know he was. It was so amazing! We talked for a little over two hours, and then we parted ways with Zach and her family. I didn’t sleep that night. I didn’t know what to think. I didn’t know if Zach felt the same way that I felt.
On Friday, Zach called me at work. It made my day! Zach wanted to know if on Monday I would be willing to meet a couple of her sisters that would drive up from Vegas. Of course I would! I could hardly wait. All of this time, my mom was in Omaha helping Allie. My dad and Jordan were suppose to head to Omaha on that Sunday. The next thing I know, my dad and Jordan decided not to go to Omaha and my mom came home early. They wanted to be here for me. I was so mad! I didn’t want them to jinx the situation. Monday arrived and I was not nervous. I was excited! I wanted see Zach and make sure she was okay. We met at a ward house. This time I got to meet with her sister in law and two sisters. They were amazing. They all felt like family, like Micah and I had found long lost friends. After about an hour of questions, Zach wanted to talk to us alone! I started to get nervous. Was Zach going to tell us that she wanted Micah and I to be the parents of her baby? No…instead Zach said that she was still praying and trying to make a decision. I was totally fine with that. It was a big decision. Zach asked her to walk her out to her car, but first she needed to grab something from the relief society room. When we were right by the door, Zach said, “I choose Monday night to meet with you because its family night, and I wanted to tell you that you’re going to be a family!” She opened the door to a huge surprise party with all of our family! Zach had even talked my brother in law, Mitch, to driving my sister and the boys out. It was so amazing and emotional. I wanted to make sure Zach had made the right decision for her. I was so overwhelmed. Was this really happening? Were Micah and I really going to get a baby? I had so many thoughts and feelings. I was so happy, but at the same time, I realized what Zach was willing to give up.
The next week flew by. Micah and I decided to let only a few people in on our great news. Zach was due in two weeks, and there was a lot we needed to do. We could spend all the time later letting everyone know our great news, so I apologize if you felt left out. I needed to wrap things up at work, but more importantly we needed to get ready for a baby! On Tuesday, February 24, Zach invited me to her doctor’s appointment. I was so excited! When Micah and I realized that we were not going to have our own children, I realized I might never see an ultrasound. It was such a miracle to be in that room when the nurse did the ultra sound. I got to see our little boy! The days passed so slowly yet so fast. Zach was induced on Monday, March 2nd. It was a long day for Zach. Micah and I stayed at the hospital the whole day. It was really, really hard to see all the pain that Zach was in. At 8:15pm, the doctor had Micah and I go in the delivery room. A few pushes later, out came our little boy. My heart exploded with love for this boy and for Zach. Without a doubt, I know there were angels in that room that night. Zach’s mother had passed away and so had my little brother. I know that Zach’s mother, Anne, and my brother were angels in that room helping this little boy is born. Zach did an amazing job, but it was so hard to see her in so much pain. Zach gave birth at 8:20 to an 8 lbs, 15 oz baby boy who was 22 ½ inches long. Zach had me cut the umbilical cord. I couldn’t believe it. It is true that I almost passed out afterward, but it was well worth it.
The next day and a half Micah and I went to the hospital to visit Zach and the little one. Zach really wanted a name for the little boy, but I had such a hard time deciding on a name. I wanted it to be perfect. Wednesday, March 4th came quickly. This was the most emotional day of my life. It was also the happiest. Micah and I went to the hospital to pick up our baby boy and bring him home.
Unless you have been part of an adoption, you may never fully understand the miracle of adoption. It is the most Christ like love I have ever witnessed. I know how much Zach loved this little boy. She loved him so much, and yet she was willing to sacrifice to give this little boy to Micah and I. I know that Zach and I were always meant to find each other. Sometimes I think I am dreaming. I still have a hard time understanding why Zach needed to go through so much pain. It was, and still is, hard for me to understand why. I wish I would take all the pain away from her. Zach is an angel of miracles to Micah and I. There is a bond there that many cannot comprehend. I know that I love Zach more than anyone could ever understand. She will always be part of our family.
1 comment:
josie I love your adoption story i cried through the whole thing! adoption is amazing and i know our kids were supposed to come to us through other amazing mothers! I am sure you changed the life of Zach! you and Micah are a great example because of the love you have for each other and others! we love you guys and are so happy for you! being a mom is so fun, emotional and rewarding all at the same time! lol Aliss
Post a Comment