Monday, March 16, 2009

Beck's First Photo Shoot

All I have to say is that I have the best friends!  Anya and Scott helped...or I should say completed our nursery for us.  (Future post on the nursery coming up!) And Sarah gave me an awesome birthday gift.  Sarah is an amazing photographer, and for my birthday gave me a certificate for a picture sitting.  At the time I was going to have Sarah take pictures of Micah and I for our adoption website...but since that is no longer needed since our little boy has arrived...I had Sarah take pictures of Beck.  Lets just say this is quite the adventure.  Sarah has a lot of patience.  Both Micah and I were there.  Before I went to the sitting I made sure to feed and change Beck, but that didn't help.  He was awake when we wanted him to sleep and asleep when we needed him to be awake.  Beck peed on Micah and Josie and his blankets and the couch...just about everywhere.  This was a full three hour ordeal, and I take my hat off to Sarah for being so patient.  I knew the pictures would be amazing, but they are more than that.  Below you will see what I am talking about, and if you are looking for a photographer look at sarahdphotography.blogspot.com...

I love this picture for two reasons...1. My little man looks like he is just dangling and he is still so cute.  2. Look at Micah's bicep poking out!  I am sure Micah is going to look at this picture all the time!  LOL!


I am really into brown and blue right now, so I LOVE the blue in this photo.  Sarah does an amazing job at making it look so vivid!  But also look at my little man's eyebrows!  Gorgeous!


I just love this picture.  It melts my heart.  I wanted to be a mom for so long.


Okay, so we took the pictures at Sarah's parent's home.  Their home is SPECTACULAR!  Anyway, they have these stained glass windows.  Micah and I braved putting out little boy in the window.  It was quite a feat because I almost pushed Micah off the ladder; Beck wouldn't go to sleep (hence, why the binkie is in his mouth); lastly, Beck was freezing!  Even though, the I love the picture.

 
Like it or not, our little boy is going to grow up around a lot of basketball stuff.  As soon as Micah heard how long Beck was (22 1/2 inches), I think Micah thought he was one step closer to having a son obsessed with basketball as much as he is.  Micah's sister, Alissa, made this binkie for Beck.  How cute!


Oh this picture is so so so so cute!  My sister, Allie is now in the blanket business.  I LOVE blankets!  I collect blankets!  Unfortunately Allie says I cannot buy any of her blankets and I am a little upset by this.  I hope be putting a plug for her new business...4everstitching...that she might reconsider.


This picture is very tender for me for several reasons.  I love the look on Beck's face, but Beck is very special to our family because we feel as though there are many reason's why Beck came to our family.  One of those reasons is because of my brother, Que.  Before he died, Que did not know of Micah and I's desire to have children.  I am sure when he got to Heaven he was surprised, and at the same time wanted to help Micah and I have children.  I know that Que held Beck in Heaven and told him all about our family.  I also know how much Que LOVED his nephews and how much Que would want to hold Beck here on Earth as he did in Heaven.  In this picture, the bear that is holding Beck is made out of Que's shirt.  To me it is symbolic of my brother holding Beck here on Earth.  


Look at this face!  It brings pure joy to Micah and I!

2 comments:

Melyn said...

how sweet!!! I love it :) you guys are going to be amazing parents.

The Evers Family said...

I love looking at these pictures. He is so cute!