Micah and I are so happy to introduce you to Beckham. Beck was born March 2, 2009 at 8:20 pm. He was 8 lbs 15 oz and 22 1/2 long. All I can say is that when Micah found out how long he was...I think he wanted to run out and buy a little basketball.
Beck almost went a full week without an official name. We have never named a baby and I don't know how many times we will be able to, so I wanted it to be perfect. It might have been better if I could have named him four names, so I could use all my favorite names. Micah and I have always liked the name Beck, so we were considering Beckett and Beckham, and I am sure you can guess which won.
After I met our birth mother's brother, Quinton, I just had to have our little boy have that middle name. It was much more than a coincidence that our birth mother and I both have brothers with that name. My Quentin absolutely loved his nephews. They were his favorite thing, and I truly believed that my brother wanted me to know he was sending this little bundle to me and to make sure I got the message he found a family with a family member with the same name.
We have now been able to spend a week with our little boy. It has been more than amazing. I am sure that everyone says that they have the most handsome baby, but truly we do!
He is just gorgeous. I could stare at him all day. On top of his great looks, he is such a good little boy. Beck sleeps about three to four hours at a time. He rarely fusses. He loves to look around and just take everything in. He is such a little miracle. Check back for more lots more updates on Beck!
No comments:
Post a Comment