We have yet to meet you, but somehow we feel as though we have already met you before. We cannot imagine the heartache you must feel. You are making the hardest decision you will ever face, but we know you are strong. The sacrifice you are willing to make is beyond words. We hope that soon you will feel peace and especially love. Love that we have for you, love that your family and friends have for you, and of course the tender love of our Father in Heaven.
First, we wanted to tell you why we are adopting. We never wanted a huge family. We wanted three children that we could give all of our love and attention to. When we finally got to the point where we were ready to have these children, we realized that someone else was going to have to carry our baby for us. The day we realized we would not have our own children, we felt very strongly we needed to adopt. We felt the spirit so strong, and after so long we finally felt at peace. We started reading as much information as we could on adoption. Whenever we read about LDS Services, we felt the spirit. We knew our birth mother was out there, and we needed to find her. Even though we felt at peace, we knew you were struggling. Everyday we think and we pray for you. We look forward to having you as an extension of our family as we send you letters and photos. We know you are out there, and we just wish we could give you the support and love you need. We wish you love and peace.
With All Of Our Love,
Josie and Micah
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us better. Please take time to explore our blog.
Who We Are:
Micah:
Age: 31
Height: 6’2’’
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Curly Brown
Ancestry: Caucasian-German, English, and Swedish
Education: Bachelor of Arts from Westminster College
Occupation: Sales
Josie:
Age: 27
Height: 5’5’’
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Ancestry: Caucasian- English, Scottish
Education: Bachelor of Science from Westminster College
Occupation: Bank Branch Manager and Future Stay at Home Mom
Roxy:
Age: 4
Height: 8’’
Eyes: Perfectly Black
Hair: Gold, Brown, and Black
Ancestry: Full Bred Yorkish Terrier
Occupation: Future Big Sister and Full Time Nap Taker
Want To Know About Josie?
Micah Describes Josie:
First thing I want to say how important Josie is to me. Josie has many strengths. Josie is a perfectionist. We have the most beautiful home and our household runs very smoothly. I never have to worry about whether a bill is paid or if something needs to be done Josie is on top of it. She is an incredibly hard worker and will make a wonderful mother. She is wonderful with children. When we first got married she was incredibly nervous about kids. She now works with children all the time and everyone tells me how great of a job that she does. Her sister has three kids and she is so wonderful with them. As I watch her with those kids and it never ceases to amaze me how much they love her. Josie glows when she is playing with them, even when she is just talking about them. Josie is also very caring; she always does her best to make sure that I am taken care of. Every year on my birthday and Christmas She does such an incredible job making sure that I am happy. I know that Josie’s deepest desire is to have children and I cannot wait for this desire to come true.
First thing I want to say how important Josie is to me. Josie has many strengths. Josie is a perfectionist. We have the most beautiful home and our household runs very smoothly. I never have to worry about whether a bill is paid or if something needs to be done Josie is on top of it. She is an incredibly hard worker and will make a wonderful mother. She is wonderful with children. When we first got married she was incredibly nervous about kids. She now works with children all the time and everyone tells me how great of a job that she does. Her sister has three kids and she is so wonderful with them. As I watch her with those kids and it never ceases to amaze me how much they love her. Josie glows when she is playing with them, even when she is just talking about them. Josie is also very caring; she always does her best to make sure that I am taken care of. Every year on my birthday and Christmas She does such an incredible job making sure that I am happy. I know that Josie’s deepest desire is to have children and I cannot wait for this desire to come true.
Josie In Her Own Words:
I was born and raised in Salt Lake City. I went to Westminster College where I met Micah and studied Finance. After I graduated, I continued working at the bank I had worked at all through college. I was promoted to a Customer Service Manager and I am currently a Branch Manager. I love to be happy and I love to laugh. I am a really big planner. I love things organized. I am also a goal-oriented person. One important goal for me is that Micah and I have as little debt as possible and as much money as we can in savings. I am a homebody, but at the same time Micah and I love to travel. Micah and I have been to many fun places like Jamaica, Hawaii, California, Florida, Chicago, Colorado, and Arizona. My favorite place is Hawaii and we try to go there at least once a year. We love to go and see movies, either at the movie theater or at home. I love to read books. I like to scrapbook, but I never have enough time. I also like to garden, run, and go swimming. My parents have a pool, so I love summer days when I can just hang out there.
Want To Know About Micah?
Josie Describes Micah:
Micah is the most amazing man and husband there has ever been. Micah is passionate, fun loving, and out going. To me, Micah is serenity. Micah always seems content with whatever comes his way. It can be such a bad day, but Micah will always find the silver lining. He always makes me see the positive in everything. Micah can walk into a crowd and find something to talk to every person with. He is such a people person. Micah can be competitive and is goal oriented. (I think he gets this from playing so many sports growing up.) It makes Micah so driven, but because Micah is so fun loving, he doesn't take anything too seriously. Micah is selfless. He puts everyone's needs before himself. Lastly, Micah will be an amazing father. I think Micah wanted children before I did. The way Micah is around children is just amazing. He is so caring and loving. It just gives me goose bumps.
Micah In His Own Words:
I was born in Dallas and moved around a little when I was a child. When I was about 6 I moved to Utah. I went to Salt Lake Community College, Columbia, and Westminster. At every school I played on the men’s basketball team. I really love basketball. As you read this you may laugh at some of the difference in personality of Josie and me. As organized as Josie is, I am the opposite. I am very laid back and outgoing. I love people and getting to know as many interesting people as I can. Laughing might be my favorite thing to do. I always try to find the humor in absolutely everything because I feel it makes life less complicated and stressful. I love to be active and I love sports (basketball, volleyball, football). I really enjoy staying in shape, so I work out very frequently. I do yoga, lift weights, and just enjoy being in the gym. I also love water sports like surfing, wakeboarding, and wake surfing. At the same time I love to chill out, watch a good movie and cuddle with Josie and Roxy.
Want To Know About Roxy?
This is my model shot. How do I look?
Josie and Micah Describes Roxy:
Roxy is the best dog ever made. Both of us had previous dogs, but none of them compare to Roxy. Since we have not been able to have a child, Roxy has had to it. We dress her up and do her hair. We cuddle with her and play with her. Roxy loves toys. (We are a little concerned that when we finally do have a child she will take all of our baby's toys.) Roxy is so adorable and has the cutest faces. Roxy is also amazing with children. She is around Josie's nephews all the time. She loves to play with the toddlers, but when they are babies she loves to cuddle with them. One reason we know we were always meant to adopt, is because we adopted Roxy. As crazy as this sounds to non dog lovers, we talk about how Roxy is just like us. She has Micah's nose and Josie's straight hair. Sometimes Roxy is relaxed and chill just like Micah, but other times she acts just like Josie. We know Roxy is a dog, but we really feel like she is ours and was always meant to be.
Roxy In Her Own Words:
I have the best parents. They give me lots of loves, sometimes too much! In the morning I love to play with my mom and give her kisses. I get mad if dad tries to give her any kisses in the morning. At night I love to play with dad. Sometimes I get too crazy and it makes my mom mad, but my dad loves it. During the day my mom usually takes me to play at my Grandma and Papa's House. It is the best place to sleep. They have a huge backyard. I love to stand on their porch and pretend I am the Queen of the Jungle. (I think most of birds, squirrels, and other animals are afraid of me. I am very intimidating.) When my mom comes to take me home, sometimes I am having so much fun I have to growl at her. My favorite time of the year is when my cousins come to stay. I love little kids. My mom and dad tell me they want me to be a big sister soon. I cannot wait to give my baby brother and sister so many loves!
Books
Josie- Twilight and Harry Potter Series
Micah- Wheel of Time Series
Song
Josie- Forever and Be Still My Soul
Micah- Stir it up
TV Show
Josie- The Office and Lost
Micah- Arrested Development and The Office
Color
Josie- I cannot choose, I love them all.
Micah- Blue and Orange
Fruit
Josie- Pineapple
Micah- Mango
Candy
Josie- Gummy Bears
Micah- Chewy Runts
Place
Josie- By the Pool In Maui
Micah- Wakeboarding in Lake Powell
Dinner
Josie- Pasta
Micah- Sushi
Our Home:
Micah-When Josie and I were first married we moved into her sisters basement apartment. It was perfect. We stayed in her basement for the first three years of our marriage. In 2006, Josie’s sister moved to Omaha so her husband could attend law school. They offered to let us buy the home from them. Before we took over the house we wanted to remodel the home. It took us year, but it is fantastic now.
Josie- Before Micah and I had children; we really wanted to have the perfect home to bring our child to. My sister’s home was the perfect location. It’s close to mountains and only two miles away from my family. The only problem was, it wasn’t my dream home. So…Micah and I decided to make it our dream. We completely remodeled the home. The home is a mix of country/contemporary, and I love it. There is a lot of grass area for our kids to run and play. The home is close enough to the elementary school that our child will walk to school. I look forward to walking them to school. Our neighborhood is also amazing. We live on a quite road, but there are many young children near by. It is perfect! Micah and I plan to live there the rest of our lives.
Josie’s Family:
I LOVE my family, and they are still a big part of my life. My parents are Jim and Wendy, and they are the best. They have always been so supportive of Micah and me. I bounce all of my ideas off of them, and I consider them amazing friends. As for my siblings, I am the oldest of five children. In order from oldest to youngest is Allie (Her husband is Mitch and she has three children Jackson, Creighton, and Easton), Jordan (His fiancé is Melyn), Lindsey, and Quentin. Allie and Mitch currently live in Omaha while Mitch attends law school. I miss them so much. I especially miss my nephews. I LOVE being an aunt. Jordan is soft spoken and hopes to attend medical school. Lindsey is happy and friendly. Right now she is studying in Italy for four months. I miss my little brother Quentin. He passed away, but I know he is in heaven trying to help Micah and I find our child. We have always been a very close family. In fact, Micah and I currently live only two miles away from my parents. We try and have dinner with my family three times a week. A couple times a year we try and go on family vacations. In November we went to Disney World. It was such a blast! My family is one of my biggest blessings. I cannot say enough how much I love me family.
Micah’s Family:

I have a wonderful relationship with my family. I consider my brothers and sisters my closest friends. I am the fourth of six kids; we are all grown and are married. We all have similar personalities and sense of humor. I golf frequently with my dad, and I play basketball with my brothers. I adore my 2 nephews and 9 nieces. It was being an uncle that really made me realize how much I want children. Josie and I see my family at least once a month at our monthly family dinner; however, I talk with my mom weekly and we have a great relationship.
How We Feel About Adoption:
Josie- When I was a little girl I always thought I would adopt a baby. I don’t know why, but I just did. When we realized we could not have our own child, I felt this overwhelming decision that Micah and I needed to adopt. I felt that this was the way my life was suppose to go all along. I could feel my birth mother out there. I feel like adoption is such a miracle. I truly believe that there is a baby out there that is meant to be part of our family, and I feel so helpless that our birth mother has to sacrifice so much. I know when Micah and I hold the baby in our arms there will be no doubt that the child is ours. I feel like our child will be more loved than any other child because we have wanted this more than anyone else.
Micah- When Josie and I realized that we would not have our own child we had decisions to make. We went to attend an orientation class on adoption, and I felt the spirit so strong. I know our child was in that room that day prompting us to adopt. No matter where our baby comes from, I will love that child with all of my heart, mind, and soul. I will be forever greatful to our birth mother.How We Feel About Open Adoption:
Open adoption is built on love and trust. Our birth mother and father will always be an extension of our family. We feel that there will always be a bond between our birth mother and us and as we build our family we will be open to the type of communication our birth family would like to have.
Our Love Story:


Josie- Micah and I met while we were both attending Westminster College. I would attend the men’s basketball games because one of my friends, Mark, played on the team. While I would watch I always noticed this really good-looking guy that played on the team, Micah. Mark knew I didn’t go out on a lot of dates, and asked if he could set me up with someone of my choice. I choose Micah.
Micah- I had seen Josie on campus, and finally met her after one of my basketball games. The next night I called and asked her out. After our first date we were inseparable. We continued to date for 2 ½ years while Josie and I finished college.
Josie- Micah finally proposed in February 2003. We were married in June 2003. It was the most magical day.
Josie & Micah As Babies:
Josie-This is me as a baby. My parent called me "Smiley Eyes" because they said my eyes smiled whenever I was happy.
Josie-Here I am as a toddler. Apparently I loved chocolate pudding. The best part is that in just a moment you will see Micah eating pudding.Josie- So this is my dad's favorite picture of me. He said I always bossed my younger sister Allie around. I always wanted the attention, and this picture reminds my dad of that.
Micah-What a cute baby. Though I don't know what that look on my face is.
Micah-What a cute baby. Though I don't know what that look on my face is.
Micah-Just like Josie said, I apparently loved pudding also. It doesn't look like I got a lot in my mouth.
Micah-That is a real horse in the backround! You gotta love contrived 80's backdrops.Thank you for taking the time to get to know us better!
Please feel free to email us... josie.micah@gmail.com

No comments:
Post a Comment