Thursday, February 12, 2009

Adoption Announcements!!!



So Micah and I finally took the plunge and told all of our family and friends that we are adopting. (We have not yet been chosen by a birth mother, but we wanted our family and friends to know that we were going through the adoption process.)  We have been keeping what we have been doing a secret from almost everyone.  We have been really excited to tell everyone, but really wanted to wait until we were ready.  Since we have waited so long to tell our family and friends, I wanted to do something special.  Last weekend, Micah and I spent all weekend putting together the most darling announcements.  First, I found m&m's that we could right messages on them.  I ordered light pink and blue and brown m&m's with the messages, "Josie & Micah" and "We Are Adopting."  Next, I found some cute paper that matched and I found tons of cute buttons I could a put all over the paper.  I tried my best at making a little poem (and yeah it pretty much sucked, but thats okay).  I thought this would be an hour project, but it was much much longer.  It doesn't matter though.  I was really excited.  We have been trying to have a baby for so long, and I really feel as though our baby is out there, and I wanted to tell all of our family and friends about it!

No comments: