Oh my! January is birthday month in our home! My parents are first. Both of my parents were born on January 1st. Crazy huh? When I was a little girl, I thought you had to marry someone who had the same birthday as you. Silly, I know. Anyway, we usually spend New Year's Eve with my family to celebrate their birthdays. This year was no exception. Typically my mom makes tons of food and we start snacking. Around 8:00 we put all the kids to bed, and the adults start in on a game of Nert. Its a card game which is very complicated. You have to play in pairs, and the winner each round gets a present. It is so much fun. Really intense, but really fun! This year was especially fun because my dad turned 50! He really didn't want anything big, so we got him a cake and said sang Happy Birthday.
Next Up is Micah's Birthday. Micah turned 31 this year!
I cannot believe he is so old. I really don't think Micah looks that old. He really is a kid at heart! However, Micah does have grey hairs, but don't remind him. Last year I planned so many fun things. I sent Micah to Costa Rica to go surfing and had a huge surprise birthday party. I felt bad because I knew this year would never measure up. After Christmas and all of the emotional trails I had been through, I couldn't come up with something special. So, I got him a few things, and we had a nice dinner at Mikado. Oh well! I am hoping that Micah will achieve one of his biggest dreams this year of becoming a dad. That would totally make up for his sad birthday.
Micah's mom's birthday is on January 26th, and we celebrated her birthday on January 10th with all of Micah's family. It is nice that Micah's family gets together once a month.
Last up is my birthday!!! For me, I like birthday's to be a little different. I really don't care about the presents. Christmas was less than a month before, and there usually isn't something that I am just dying for. I really like to be showered with love and homemade sugars. I also love to travel, so Micah and I usually end up going away for the weekend. My mom really does a great job. She knows I LOVE baked goods, so I this year I came home to mini cupcakes, bunt cakes, and cookies. It was the best! At the last minute Micah and I went to Las Vegas. We were only there for about 26 hours, but it was awesome! We just kinda walked around and ate good food. All I can say is that I have the best husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment