Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The City in the Ocean...

We made it home from Atlantis!  We had a blast, but boy does it feel good to be home.  Micah and I took tons of pictures and I pondered doing several posts about our trip, but have decided to go with one giant post.  Lucky You;)

Getting to Atlantis..and getting home is a separate story...but...when we were at Atlantis we had a fantastic time.  The resort was so beautiful.  All of the aquariums and beaches and pools are amazing.  It really is incredible how many different sea creatures they have at this one resort.  Big ones, small ones.   The weather was my kind of weather...cloudy and rainy...the sun worshipers in my family were a little disappointed.  I guess I just don't like being hot and sweaty...




Rain or shine, we spent everyday at the pool.  The resort had so much to do, that it was perfect for those that wanted to sit at the pool and for those adventure seekers that went on the wild rides and played at the beach.  My favorite part was there mile long lazy river complete with conveyor belts, waves, and rapids.  Beckham was in heaven having his cousins and mom and dad there...


The first day was super cloudy, so we didn't reapply sunscreen like we should have.  Hence, my dad and I got bad sunburns...


The first full day there it poured rain.  Torrential rain.  I LOVED it...



Honestly, I was really worried about how Graham was going to handle this trip.  I haven't really taken him swimming yet, and he doesn't like just sitting, but I really think he had such a great time.  Micah and I would haul down his port-a-crib everyday.  He would love playing in it and watching all the people...I also found out he LOVES the water and would have spent hours in it.  Mom just had to apply sunscreen every hour to keep his pristine white skin turning red...





My view of Graham most of the time...


The aquariums were amazing.  I have never seen anything like them.  We spent a lot of time just walking around taking in all the water features...









At one point I tried scaring Beck.  He really freaked out, although all the pictures were blurry...



I put Beckham and Easton's name into a drawing to be chosen to feed the baby stingrays...and they were chosen!!! (To the poor stingray's dismay.)  Easton was very hesitant to get in the water.  Beckham dumped all of his food onto the rocks instead of feeding the stingrays.  They both might have killed a starfish because when they were done holding it they threw it on the ground.  All in all, it was lovely...




We did try and take lots of  group photos, but group photos aren't the easiest to take with 5 crazy boys...







To the boys delight, "Priesthood Session" was held in the Bahamas for the month of June...


Poor Creighton busted his lip open in the first couple minutes of the trip.  He ended up with 6 stitches and was super exhausted after the experience...


I was a little nervous about the food at Atlantis, but we actually loved it...





Graham had his first few bites of chocolate pudding.  He loved it...



One of the more difficult parts of the trip were the boys.  Micah and I love them so much, but it is amazingly hard to travel with children.  The schedules, the extra stuff, the naps, the moodiness, oh and did I mention you are all leaving in one room?  Not the funnest, but I do think the boys had a fantastic time...


Beckham's new face...



The smiles of Graham...















Jackson and Lindsey both celebrated their birthdays while we gone.  Pretty fun if you ask me...


If you remember, while trying to potty train Beck, we mentioned to Beckham if he went poo-poo in the potty we would take him to kiss a dolphin.  Who knew this was incentive he needed to actually do it, and do it he did.  On the last day of the trip 10 of us went to the Dolphin Cay to meet up with some dolphins.  Atlantis started out with 14 Dolphins, all who were rescued from Huricanne Katrina.  They now have 39.  We even got to see a dolphin that was a couple months old.  It was so small and cute.  Anyway, we had a blast, and yes, Beckham got to kiss a dolphin...













Although we had such a great time, Micah and I have decided that we won't be taking the boys on vacation for awhile.  Beckham is at such a busy age.  He is going and going and he needs his own space:)  Graham needs naps and only likes to nap in his crib...plus he is crawling everywhere and crawling is hard.  Kids need safe places to crawl.  Oh...and Graham puts everything in his mouth.  Sick.  Especially for a germ-a-phobe like me.

3 comments:

the johansen's said...

Looks like an awesome trip! I'm glad you guys made it home in one piece!

anya said...

the resort looks amazing. i am glad you had a great time. traveling with littles is hard. glad you made it home in one piece. loves...

The Brown's said...

I'm so jealous! I can't wait to go back there someday! Looks like you had a blast!