Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sweet Surrender...

A few weeks ago in Relief Society the lesson was on the Atonement.  We focused on Christ.  The wonderful Wendy posed this question, "Which would you rather have...physical pain or emotional pain."  Even in my short 28 years on this Earth, I knew my answer to this question... EMOTIONAL PAIN.  Hands down.  Not even a question in my mind.  I was curious how the other women felt.  Most of the women in the room were older and wiser than me, and I have to admit I was surprised to see almost all of them raised their hands for emotional pain.  I have thought a lot about this since then.

I remember after Que passed away, my dad trying to express the pain that he felt in his heart.  He said, "I think it would hurt less is someone cut off my arms."  I knew what he meant, because although I am sure I didn't hurt as deeply, I agreed with him.

My family has been going through a lot of changes.  There is a lot of the unknown.  We have relatives that are very sick.  I have a sister that doesn't know where she is going to be in the coming months.  My parents have been traveling, and I feel that emotional pain.  Its hard.

So, I am sorry if my posts have been far apart.  I do sit here and night and try and come up with something to post, but I've got nothing.  Hopefully soon things will get back to normal.  Until then, what would you rather have?  Physical or emotional pain?


4 comments:

The Stringham's said...

emotional pain hands down. lately things with 2 kids have SO hard for me and with tessa's issues i feel like it's been even harder....nobody gets it or understands like i do. but i do know what you mean. hope you are doing well. lots of love sent your way!

anya said...

physical pain for me.

love you. talk soon.

Sarah D said...

That's a tough question. I watch those I love go through both and I don't know which is easier. They both seem pretty awful. I think I would opt out of both! Hope all is well. Loves.

the johansen's said...

I would rather not have either. But if I had to choose, I would choose emotional pain. To me it seems like physical pain is more temporary but emotional pain can be permanent. Even though it is permanent I would rather have it, I feel like every trial I have had in life has made me so much stronger and has strengthened my testimony. Love ya Jos!