Our little family is so incredibly lucky to have a father/grandpa that has the profession he does...Professional Fun Seeker. Every year his job takes us to Orlando for the Amusement Park Convention. Last year, we didn't quite make it, but this year the trip could not have come at a better time for Micah and I. We really needed a break from everything and we were SOSOSO excited to go and see the Evers and Jordan & Melyn.
We made some amazing memories! (Some that may not make sense to you, but I am going to write them down for my own memories.) My first memory was when Beckham saw his cuz' Easton for the first time. Easton's feet were going a hundred miles an hour, he was so excited. They gave each other a big hug and then Beckham showed Easton how he could turn on the water in Grandma and Grandpa's tub. Classic. The rest of the trip these two LOVED to get into trouble together.
We started out the trip with a lazy Sunday. What better to pass the time then a little bike ride around the lake...
From the back: Melyn, Jackson, Lindsey, Allie, Creigh, Mitch, Beck and Easton
Our first night we went to The Rain Forest Cafe. Jordan and Melyn picked it because they knew the little boys would love it.
Beckham, Me, Allie, Jim, and Easton
I tried to take a group photo every night at dinner. Here is our group. Callling Henderson party of 14!
My family loves to play cards. It always keeps us laughing. Lindsey brought her cute boyfriend, Matt and Lindsey tried to introduce Matt to some of the games we play. Lindsey told him the best card came we play we only play at...Big Fat Jim's Wedding. (Yeah...she didn't pronounce that right at all, but we had a good laugh.) My dad usually provides most of the entertainment. One of his classic lines while playing SCUM was, "I am so good at this game" right before he becomes Pond Scum for the rest of the game.
The usual players, now including Matt Lambourne in the the hat.
Beckham and I as we entered the park. Can you see the excitement on Mr. Beck's face?
The first thing we did was book it to All Things Harry Potter. I was AMAZED at all the details of Hogsmead. Everything seemed so magical.
Micah and I.
My dad and I can get very nauseous on roller coasters. In fact, I usually avoid them. After we came out of our first ride, this is we found...
A little too much fun, eh? Good thing we didn't need a puke bucket.
Micah will tell you his favorite thing about the trip was...
The Butter Beer. It was really good. We LOVED the cream on top.
We had such a great time the rest of the day. Check out all the fun...
My little boy, Beckham and his crazy daddy.
This ride, in Suess Land was a lot like Dumbo except there was water. Yeah, Beck did not like the water part.
Easton is so funny. He will eat EVERYTHING in sight. My mom and I were waiting for everyone while they were on Superman. I bough a deliouscous Chero, but I think Easton ate half of it all at once. Yup, those checks are full.
Beckham is totally into Dinosaurs. Micah backed up to this dinosaur so we could get one picture with Beckham looking at the camera. The rest of the time he would NOT take his eyes off of it.
After his first exhausting day, we finally got him to fall asleep.
Thing 1 and Thing 2. These two are trouble.
That night after the park we ended up at Cheesecake...
Yes, that is Elton John with those white glasses;)
Sadly, these two (Melyn and Jordan) departed after dinner. We were so glad we got to see them for a couple days, but they are super busy. Full time nurse and soon to be doctor.
The next day we decided to hit the Disney Parks. First on the agenda...Hollywood Studios... and fun family pictures...
This is the BEST family. Mitch makes me laugh all the time. On this trip I told Mitch I had kept all of our text conversations. Basically, it amounted to me texting Mitch and I never receiving a response. So Mitchell. However, I did find out the real reason I probably never received a response was because I was texting the wrong number. Haha.
The cute couple, Matt and Lindsey. We were so lucky Matt tagged along with us. My dad said this was a big test for Matt. To see if Matt could handle all of the Henderson skeltons, namely my mom and I. On the way to the hotel from the airport, Matt got to see my mom in all of her glory as Lindsey (who has a horrible sense of direction) led the car on a two hour detour because she was so lost. Apparently they ended up paying almost $20 in toll fees because they kept going in circles.
Beckham's first experience in DisneyWorld was the Toy Story ride. It was my first time and I loved it. I love Beckham's face in this picture, so I had to post it. So shy.
Our next stop was Animal Kingdom. My favorite. I LOVE the safari ride, and since Beckham is obsessed with animals, I couldn't wait for him to go on it.
We saw giraffes. Beckham and I's favorite.
And...LOTS of Elephants. Next time you see Beckham ask him what an elephant says. So cute.
Our last day at the parks we spent at the Magic Kingdom...
As you can tell, Beckham was pretty thrilled, again.
The first ride we hit was Dumbo, and it was probably our longest wait of the whole trip...a whopping 20 minutes. We take this trip the same week every year, and it really is the best time to go to Disney. All of the Christmas decorations are up and you really walk on to every ride. Micah and I LOVED watching Beckham on each and every ride. Just to see his face. My favorite was Phillar Magic, a 3D show. Beckham tried to grab everything.
The Happy Couple. Aren't we so cute. Just like little kids.
Allie insisted on a girl photo. I was suppose to get publishing aproval from her before I posted this, but it was so cute I couldn't wait. I am so lucky to have the best sisters. I cannot wait, CANNOT WAIT, for Allie to move back to Utah next month.
The final night, Micah and I chose to go to dinner at...T-Rex. The food was okay, but seriously it was an amazing resteraunt. Beckham was in Heaven with all the dinosaurs. Micah's favorite memory of the trip was taking Beckham around and showing him all the dinosaurs. I tried to get pictures, but he was too intrested in looking at the dinosaurs. This is the only one I got, and its pretty bad...
Papa and the boys.
Typically the weather in Florida at this time is so-so. I packed pants and short sleeve shirts, and for the first time the temperature was in the mid 80's. Poor Beck and I were sweating it out. Luckly, we did bring our swimsuits...
We had such a great trip. It was fantastic to get away and just be with family.
5 comments:
It really was a magical trip. :) We have to do it again next year. Thanks for taking all the pics for me. I am always lame in that department.
Looks like so much fun! You have to tell me all about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Can't wait to see you!
Ah! What an amazing trip!
oh man. so jealous. so well deserved for you guys. i wish i could try that butter beer! how much was that frothy stuff anyway?!
I think it was $3.75 or something like that. It could have been more expensive because we got the slushy kind compared to the soda type.
Post a Comment