Scores and scores of people in her booth, waiting to get in her booth, and buying!!! I sat there and just cried. Allie put everything she had into this thing. I swear, everyone she knew helped her in some way or another. Family, extended family, friends...It was an effort of love and blood, sweat, and tears. Here was the fruits of her labor. Allie was so busy, she pulled a "Jim" move and wouldn't look or acknowledge me. She was just too busy, and I was okay with that.
Although I didn't go up to Swiss Days on Saturday, I sat at home patiently waiting to hear from Allie. The call FINALLY came about 9pm. It was over and Allie was happy, and so was I.
I will honestly say, I wasn't the biggest supporter of this adventure. I just couldn't imagine all the time and effort that would need to go into it, but Allie was determined. All Henderson's are. And I couldn't be more proud of her and so so so very relieved it is all over.
On the same weekend, my parent's headed out to New Hampshire for Lindsey and Matt's 2nd reception. Sadly, only my parent's were able to attend. Jordan and Melyn had schooling, Allie had Swiss Days, and well...I sat at home trying not to go into labor. I feel really bad that I missed such a special day in her life. I also was sad I didn't get to see this picturesque place...
The Lambourne Lake House.
My mom sent me random pictures, but its all I have, so I will post them. This was quite the formal event...
My dad was a little hesitant about the reception at first, but he must have gotten over it. Apparently he danced for 4 hours straight. Lindsey's exact text to me was, "It was a special night, but the most special thing I have ever seen was dad's dancing. I think I would call it the praying mantise." I can only imagine...
After this very large weekend in my family's life, we are ready to focus on baby. I feel very unprepared, but like I said before, Henderson's are very determined.



1 comment:
look at all those people in her booth!!!! that's crazy nuts! i am so glad it did so well... and that it's over! Yehaw!!!
PS You have been preparing your whole life for this precious baby... you are going to be just fine. xoxoxo
Post a Comment